Merry Christmas

I only wanted to enjoy the weather. I walked out in the cold wind, wandering towards the woods.

Yes, he had made me cry, and I kind of wanted to run away, but I only wanted to watch the snow fall.

My new white dress was getting wet, but it blended with the snow on the ground, so that made me happy.

Before I knew it, I was in thick forest shivering violently. The snow was much heavier then, coming down in chunks and making my visibility lower and lower by the minute.

I hadn't realized it would be that cold, so I felt myself getting weaker and weaker as I tried to find my way back.

Ten minutes more was enough to freeze me, but I thought I saw the house as the woods thinned. I tried to run, but I tripped and didn't have the energy to stand up.

All I remember was someone yelling at me and then lifting me up. Oh, and it was cold. I think.

I woke up to more white, but I figured it out it was a hospital before falling back asleep. It was too bright to think.

When I really woke up, it was still snowing outside. I yawned, feeling some needles in my arm. I jumped as I saw someone next to me.

"Sorry," he laughed out, touching my hand reassuringly. I pulled away, making sure my voice would work before I used it.

"Who are you?" I wondered, confused as to why he was the only one here and why he felt like he could touch me.

"I found you in the woods, blue and cold as ice," he explained, and I shivered. "You couldn't have been more than two seconds from both my porch and death, but luckily the latter didn't reach you," he spoke, and the light reflecting off the snow and through the window made his hair look white.

"I thought you were an angel when I first saw you." He blushed at the second meaning, but I knew he meant my white dress. I nodded, folding my fingers together.

"Has anyone else come to visit me?" I asked quietly, thinking how my dad must have been furious.

"No," he frowned. "Why? Were you expecting someone?" I shook my head, pushing away the tears. I looked at the television that was muted on the wall, seeing the date was only the next day. Christmas.

"No," I choked out, coughing to cover up my shaken voice. He didn't say anything, and I closed my eyes and thought properly, not in the heat of my emotions.

"Thank you for. . ." It was hard to find words to sum up what he had done, but before I could finish, he placed a present on my lap.

"You don't have to thank me," he smiled, standing up to leave. "Merry Christmas."

.

.

kind of lame ending but i just wanted to say that I love you all so much and I want you to have a wonderful holiday season!

thank you all so much for sticking with me and my stupid schedule, but I'm trying to do better! I'll try to start double updates again after Christmas :)

i'm so so so so happy and you all are the biggest reason

Mel xx