Different (Request) (Part One)

For some reason, I didn't feel guilty. The feeling that would come naturally when I stole a cookie or pranked my mum had not kicked it. I didn't know why, but that time I didn't expect it to.

My room was separate to her's even though the ring around her finger should have resembled my arms around her waist.

On the other, not guilty hand, she was easy to call, since I'd only met her once. We'd exchanged numbers only to have, not to hold. When she texted me out of context one day, I was surprised. That was how it all started.

So that same year at Christmas, Alisia was in my arms, but her best friend, Melody, was in my heart.

The night of the holiday, I left the note on her pillow, beginning to pack my things. If she asked, I would tell her most of the truth; I had an interview the next morning, so I couldn't stay. My plane actually left in the morning, so I planned to sleep in my car, far from that note.

She went to bed early, and I was relieved when my suitcase closed as her door did. I'd told her to keep the ring so she could remember me. But at that point, I didn't know whether she'd even want to or not.

Her mother locked the door as I turned to go, and I furrowed my eyebrows. They quickly rose, however, when she lifted the note I'd written to my eyes.

"You're not welcome in this home, but you're not leaving," she spoke lowly, and I swallowed.

"Let her find out on her own," I pleaded, anxiously looking at the door. I should have left sooner.

"I copied it," she shrugged, and my anxiety turned to fear quicker than I could hear her door click open.

But I still felt no guilt.

Her eyes met mine, and she smiled.

"I came to say goodbye," she spoke, and I sighed out as she approached for a hug. When she walked past me towards the fire, I felt my heart pound.

She slipped off her ring, tossing it in the fire like I had her trust for me.

"Goodbye to that," she started, ripping the diamond necklace I'd given as a gift off her neck without another thought. She threw that in, too.

"Goodbye to that." She walked to the door, unlocking, opening and then staring at it. She grabbed my suitcase, carelessly throwing it into the snow.

"And that," she laughed, beginning to cry.

"And goodbye to you." I hesitated, but then quickly left, hearing her sobs after the door shut behind me.

Before I closed my eyes that night, laid back in the passenger's seat, I turned the heat on full blast.

Like my guilt.

.

.

thanks to HarrysBabe812 for requesting this! I hope you liked it and sorry for the wait!

I love you all, and part two soon!

Mel xx