Just Fine (Request)

"7 hours," he sighed, and I felt my eyes fill up with tears. I couldn't control it.

He was all packed, but after that we had just laid down in bed. He had said he wanted his last hours at home to be with me. I sobbed once, burying my face in my pillow.

Niall was heading off to college in New York, and considering he would be gone for four years, I was pretty upset.

"You'll be gone for so long," I cried, and I heard him laugh.

"And you'll be just fine," he told me, squeezing my shoulder. I lifted my face to look at him, and he grinned. I knew he was smiling for my sake, just so I wouldn't be so upset.

"You've survived 20 years without me. I think you can do it for a few more," he spoke, brushing the hair out of my face. I nodded, sighing.

"I know what we can do!" he suddenly yelled, making me jump. "I know we were just gonna lay here, but -"

"We can do whatever you want," I smiled, bucking up and trying to have some excitement, too.

"I have this," he told me, pulling something out of the bedside table and opening it. When he showed it to me, I felt that his excitement was a little misplaced.

"A ring pop?" I chuckled, and he held up his hand.

"Your left hand, please," he smiled, and he put the ring in the proper place. I rolled my eyes, glad he was able to make me smile.

"Okay, now let's go get married," I joked, taking a lick of the candy.

"My thoughts exactly!" he exclaimed, and I laughed, laying back down.

"If we had enough time," I sighed, knowing if he'd really proposed I would have started planning right then.

"Liam? Call the guys and have 'em come over," I heard him say. "Nicole and I are getting married." I turned to look at him, trying laugh at him but only coming up with a happy grin. The thought excited me.

I called Melody as well, knowing she would want to partake in the 'ceremony,' no matter how ridiculous it was.

I put on the prettiest white dress I had, and Niall wore his t-shirt that looked like a tuxedo. The guys came over, and Niall had cleared off the front lawn, setting up chairs. We had a pretty archway with lights overhead that Niall decided we should stand under.

When everything was ready, Melody gestured me to walk down the aisle. I chuckled then walked down the aisle slowly. The guys sang a lame excuse for the generic wedding theme, making Niall laugh as he waited for me.

When I got to his side, Melody cleared her voice. All she bothered to say was, "Do you, Niall Horan, promise to love her forever and call her and write her and not cheat on her while you're away?" she smiled, making me have to try even harder to hold in my laughter.

"I do," he grinned, squeezing my hands as Melody looked at me.

"Do you promise to stay strong, even without him here, and love him to death before, during, and after he's gone?" she asked me, and I held in my tears. Every time I thought about him leaving, I would begin to cry.

"I do." She nodded, stepping backwards a few paces before speaking again. "You may kiss the bride."

Niall pulled me to him quickly, kissing me before I could cry. He hugged me so tightly afterwards I thought he would cry himself.

We celebrated with some leftover pizza afterwards, toasting to the marriage with soda.

When everyone left, the sun had just risen. Niall was leaving for the airport at six.

"I don't want you to go," I complained, more upset than tired at that point. He laughed once more, taking my hand and pulling me up and off the couch.

"We never had our first dance," he reminded me. I grinned, surprised he had remembered and I hadn't.

He bowed in front of me, and I found that my cheeks hurt from smiling so widely. I held out my hand for him to take.

I expected for him to trip over me, blush and then just have us walk in circles listening to heartbeats and breathing, but I should have known better.

He held our arms high, taking huge steps and basically flinging us around the whole house. My feet could barely keep up with his, so he had to hold me up and pull me along with him. It was a mess of limbs and incoordination and laughter.

I couldn't hear our breathing or our heartbeats over the sound of our laughter, but when he gave me his final kiss, hug and glance, I heard his voice in my head.

You'll be just fine.

.

.

thanks to Its_Nicole_dude for requesting this! very sorry for the wait, but I hope you liked it!

today's saturday and i'm writing yay me (i'm writing this the night before so maybe maybe not lol)

I LOVE YOU ALFKHNSDLGJN

Mel xxxxxxx