Dentist (Request)

Niall's a child, but he's not a baby. So when I saw him throwing a tantrum about going to the dentist, I couldn't help but laugh.

It was one of two of the yearly checkups, and he was refusing to go. The guys had called me over to help them since the appointment was in 20 minutes, and it would take us 15 just to get there.

"He's being stubborn," Harry told me as I slid off my shoes. I nodded, getting that much from Liam's call.

I walked into Niall's living room, seeing him on the couch with the guys sitting in surrounding chairs. Niall looked like he was going to yell at someone. He probably already had.

"Hey," I called, watching his face light up as much as it could in his mood.

"What are you doing here?" he asked, trying to cheer up abit.

"I am the one who made the appointment," I shrugged, and he resisted the urge to glare at me. "So I'll come along and make sure you get your money's worth." He scoffed, crossing his arms over his chest and looking back at his television.

"We've got to go, Niall," I urged, sitting down next to him on the couch.

"I hate the dentist," he murmured, and I smiled, looking over at him.

"So do I," I spoke, getting him to glance over at me long enough for me to sneak a kiss onto his cheek.

"I'd kiss your mouth, but it's not been cleaned for six months," I smirked, and he stared at me, not budging.

"I brush my teeth twice a day," he spoke, blinking at me.

I rolled my eyes, taking his hand and pulling him off the couch.

"We're ready!" I exclaimed, pulling him over and making him put his shoes on.

"This better not take all day," he sighed, and I intertwined our fingers as he finished.

He was silent on the car ride over and as we waited in the lobby.

"Is it okay if I come back with you?" I asked him, looking away from the television in the corner.

"I can do it myself," he told me, shaking his head. I raised an eyebrow, never having seen him like that before except when he was really tired. That wasn't all that often.

When they called him in, it seemed as if he was glued to the seat. I pushed him, and he cursed under his breath.

"Have fun," I told him, and he ignored me.

"I'm gonna go make sure he doesn't take off out the window," Louis told all of us, stepping through the door.

I talked to the guys, learning about what they had been doing lately. After ten minutes or so, Louis popped his head back out.

"Dentist refuses to see him until he's calmed down." I felt like a mother right then, infuriated that my kid couldn't stay still and deal with it for ten minutes.

I stalked past him, stomping into the room where he was. His eyes met my furious ones, the defiance almost diluted immediately with fear.

"What's going on?" I asked, sitting down next to him. "Why can't you do this?"

He took a deep breath, looking slightly.

"I dont want to have you see me in pain. I know it kills me when you are," he let out, and I thought about it for a second.

"But you were throwing a fit before I came over," I recalled, not condoning his actions just yet. "Why's that?"

"I told you. I hate the dentist," he shrugged, and I held back my laugh. He looked vulnerable and adorable.

But he'd still been acting like a big baby, so I stood up and flicked him right in between his eyes. He flinched, staring up at me with big eyes. I thought he would have hit me back, but I knew better.

"Buck up captain," I told him, trying not to give into his insanely cute face, but I knew I couldn't even if I tried.

I kissed him on his mouth, then I called the dentist back in.

.

.

thanks to NiallersGirl20 for requesting this! very sorry for the wait, but I hope you liked it!

thanks for reading! it'd be much appreciated if you could leave a comment of what you thought! if you would like an imagine, let me know in the comments or in my inbox as well.

I love you all and I'm so happy that I got like 5 imagines done early yesssss

Mel xx