Lost (Request)

I sang along to the music, so glad I was finally at one of their concerts. I didn't want to tell him, but I was hoping Niall would let me meet them, too.

"You look so perfect standing there in my American Apparel underwear!" I sang out, hearing Niall do the same next to me. We danced until the song was over, and then the concert was over, too.

Everyone started to leave, but as we got to the gate, hand in hand, Niall tensed up.

"I lost it," he spoke, and I furrowed my eyebrows. Before I could ask any questions, he hurried back to our seats, looking in the cup holders and in all of his pockets.

"Hey. What's wrong?" I asked him, but he was too distressed to anything more than he already had.

"I lost it," he sighed, but then he dropped to the ground and started looking under the seats. I sighed, wondering why he was freaking out. His phone? His wallet? What was it?

"Aha!" he exclaimed, and he shoved it back in his pocket.

"What was it?" He sighed out, grinning relievedly.

"It's nothing-" he started, his face dropping the smile before he could finish.

He pulled the object out of his pocket, and I realized why he'd been so freaked out.

When he stepped out from the seats and got down on one knee, it was a surprise. There had been no hints, no clues at all.

"I wasn't planning to do this until your birthday, so I really don't know why I brought this today," he laughed to himself, smiling at me with my hands over my mouth.

"Will you marry me?" I thought my legs would give way, and they did. I was shaking there in front of him, on my knees, so happy that he'd been stupid enough to lose something like that.

"Yes," I nodded, and he let me sob into his shoulder.

"I was so worried that I'd ruined my chance forever that doing it right here seemed like the right thing to do," he spoke softly.

And when I lost myself in him, I knew that I didn't want to be found.

.

.

thanks to EmilyRoseHoran_22 for requesting this! I hope you liked it!

sorry that there's been so many proposal imagines lately lol

I love you all! I hope you all are enjoying these daily updates!

Mel xx