Concert (Request)

"Oh come on, you know you like her," I heard Melody say, and I pressed my lips together, thinking that would hide the blush rising in my cheeks. I stared at my knees, thinking maybe I shouldn't have worn a dress. It was getting cold, and the concert hadn't even started yet.

"Shut up!" I heard him whisper, and I made sure it looked like I hadn't heard.

Niall sat down next to me, a frown on his face, making my heart pound.

"Here," he sighed, handing me the drink I'd wanted. Liam and Harry came back with their hot dogs a few minutes later, and I was getting anxious.

"When's it gonna start?" I whined, and Niall chuckled.

"It's not even 7 yet, Anabel," he told me, and I shrugged.

"Hey, Ni," Harry smirked, winking at him. I looked away, slightly annoyed that they kept trying to push Niall to talk to me. He probably didn't even like me. Niall was a little more than annoyed.

"Would you guys just shut up?" he sort of yelled, and I sighed. I wished he would do something, though. It had been hard to tell if he liked me, but it was obvious then that he didn't.

"I can hang out with her without liking her, right? Or is that not allowed?" he fumed, and I noticed that it was mostly aimed at Melody. She knew I liked him, so she'd been bothering him, mostly without my consent.

"But we can tell you like her," Liam countered, and I wondered how I was oblivious to what they saw.

"And what if I do?" he asked, making my heart pound once again. I looked over at him, red-faced and angry.

"Then do something about it," Melody spoke up, her words followed by silence from everyone.

Niall turned to meet my eyes, finding mine already staring. He sighed, still annoyed.

Looking determined, he came so close that I felt scared, stopping in front of me briefly before kissing me. Both of us were surprised, I think, because after he let go, first asking them if that was what they're wanted, his eyes widened, meeting mine again.

"I-I'm sorry, Anabel," he stumbled, all of the anger dropping from his expression. He put a hand over his mouth, letting out a little giggle that probably only I heard.

I forgot about all the other eyes burning into me, staring only at him as he did the same. I couldn't believe his lips had touched mine.

"Is it bad that I liked that?" he whispered through his fingers, and I wondered if he could hear my thoughts. I couldn't move to answer, but then his hand did and I saw the giant grin on his face.

He was really red, and I think I was, too, and he had to look down to speak again, inhaling slowly before he did.

"You're really cute right now," he let out, incredibly shy. I blinked rapidly, thinking about what to do.

And I would have kissed him again if I could, but the concert started just then, taking away all of the lights.

So he kissed me instead.

.

.

thanks to _nialllover345616 for requesting! I hope you liked it and I'm so so sorry for the wait!

I love you all! Sorry the break in updates :)

Mel xx

p.s. ugh was this one any good? is kinda lacking in a lot of departments