Book (Request)

I finished signing this teenage girl's book, hoping she would get something good out of my book, when I sighed. I wanted a coffee. 

I had been signing copies of my book since 10 that morning, and it was almost noon. Surprising, a lot of people came. I didn't think they would, but I guess the people who'd helped make my book a reality wanted their money's worth, too. 

I was getting through the line pretty fast, making the conversations special but short. Until I came across one. 

Seeing him approach the table I was sat behind, I felt my lungs start to slow down, and it took me a minute to register what was going on. He grinned at me, making my heart explode.

"Niall?" I got out somehow, seeing him nod at me. How was he there? 

We had been friends for all of high school, and then that stretched in university, too. We'd lost touch after that. But the important part to note and the fact that was making my heart beat the fastest was that the main character in the book, who just happened to be modeled after myself, had a love interest. And he was modeled after the man standing in front of me at my book signing. 

"You didn't tell me you'd written a book," he spoke up, making me jump a little. 

"Oh," I chuckled. "Yeah." He knew I loved to write since it was what I'd been in uni for, but I'd wished I had been able to tell him about my book. And many other things. 

"That's so cool," he smiled, putting a book on the table. I stared up at him. "Mind signing it for me?" he asked, chuckling afterwards, probably at how shocked I looked. How had my heart raced faster in that moment when it had already run across the ocean?

I opened the cover to the book, uncapping my pen. I wrote his name out, hoping he couldn't read upside-down. 

"Niall, It really sucks that we've lost touch. You helped me through so much in high school and uni, and I hope I did something similar for you." I started with that, writing a few more incoherent thoughts. My words on the paper didn't do my feelings justice, so after I'd signed my name, I wrote a p.s. and said, "Wanna grab a coffee sometime?" I closed it and gave it to him.

"It was really nice to see you again. I'm looking forward to reading this," he smiled at me, beginning to walk away. I wanted him to leave because if he read my message in front of me I would die, but I didn't because I'd said like one thing to him. I'd basically read a dictionary to prepare for writing my book, but I couldn't think of one word to say to him. 

He walked out the door, and I sighed, moving on to the next person as my heart calmed down.

12:30 was my lunch break, so I was able to leave and quickly grab something to eat before I had to come back and sign until the store closed. 

I knew there was a Starbucks around the corner, but there was also a Panera bread and a Wendy's. I tried deciding in my brain, but I began to get off track. 

I started to remember all those fun nights at uni, and how I should have worked harder to get him. When I'd gotten out of uni, I hadn't wanted to write a book until the thoughts about Niall haunted me night and day. So I pushed all of those longing feelings onto paper. I'd wanted him back, and I had something of him, but it wasn't enough for me.

I went around the corner, staring at the ground as it moved under my feet. When I looked up, seeing the Starbucks logo above my head, I almost couldn't speak. 

I saw him sitting there, outside Starbucks, with two coffees on the table but only one person sitting at it. I stopped a few feet away from him, my heart picking up again, trying to run away when I didn't want to. 

"You said you wanted to grab a coffee sometime," he grinned, and I still couldn't speak. My wanted to explode, and I told it to go for it because it would have to happen at some point, and it was better then than later. 

As I pulled out the chair and sat down, closer to him than I'd been in 2 years, I promised myself to never lose him again.

And right then, sitting with the man who inspired me to write a book, the man I loved, even though my book hadn't been a fantasy, I felt like I was in a fairy tale. 

.

.

thanks to andreanicollelumbera for requesting! I hope you liked it and sorry for the wait! 

i liked this one because it's basically me

I LOVE YOU ALL I'LL TRY TO GET AN IMAGINE OUT EVERYDAY WITH SCHOOL STARTING TOMORROW AND ALL 

AH SEE YOU TOMORROW 

Melody xxx

p.s. i'm terrified for school