Act (Request)

"Fight! Fight! Fight!" Over and over again they shouted it. I stared at Niall, watching him glare back at me. Quite a few people had gathered. I cleared my voice, laughing.

"Do you always get this big of an audience when you try to show off?" I asked him, watching him clench his fists at his sides.

"Do always have this much confidence when you're about to get pummeled?" he retorted, and I pursed my lips at him, only smiling enough for him to see.

"Do you need boxing gloves? You might break those pretty little nails of yours-" I stepped forward, punching him square in the jaw. He stumbled left and backwards, regaining balance before lunging back towards me and knocking me off my feet.

I landed hard, hitting my head but going to get back up. He pinned me back down, and I heard him shout something about hating me as my ears rang from the impact. The shouts and encouragements of the students faded out, right as Niall's weight on top of me began to get to be too much.

"Hey!" I heard a teacher yell, pulling Niall up off me.

"Both of you, principal's office," he spat, pulling me up off my back as well. I thought for sure I would be labeled as the victim and let go, but I guess not.

We trudged up, shoving each other into various lockers and walls when the other made noises of complaint or disgust.

The principal yelled at us for at least ten minutes, his voice starting to scratchy as he rambled on about behavior and threatening suspension.

"This is your second strike this semester. A third and there'll be a meeting with your parents," he growled to the both of us, and I stood up abruptly out my chairs.

"He hit me!" I yelled falsely, bringing out my fake tears. "I felt so threatened." I sobbed a few times for effect, and he sighed.

"Behave," he told the both of us, ignoring my plea for justice. I scoffed at the door after it shut, stalking behind Niall and past everyone in the office.

"Get yourself to the nurse!" the receptionist exclaimed, and I looked at Niall's jaw. I'd really done a number on him.

He shrugged, but he started walking there anyway. I followed behind him, and he finally acknowledged me when we were outside the door.

"Are you coming in, too?" he asked, glancing at me.

"Yeah, my head and back are hurting," I told him, and he nodded quietly.

The nurse helped us out, mostly Niall, and then she left us, hesitantly, in the back room. The door clicked closed, and I sighed out.

"Do you think it worked?" he asked, and I subconsciously scanned the room for a camera.

"I hope so," I sighed, standing up and stretching as he leaned against the wall behind the bed.

"If she hadn't seen us together," Niall groaned, and I stopped moving to look at him. I could tell I had really injured him.

"I'm sorry I hurt you so bad," I breathed, walking over to him and taking his hand in mine. I hadn't touched him - other than during the fight - since we'd been caught together the previous Saturday.

"I think I'll survive," he smiled lightly, grabbing the ice pack from the mini freezer and pressing it to his face.

"I'll try not to hit you so hard next time," I smiled, sitting down beside him.

"Maybe they'll believe that we really hate each other and we won't have to do that again," he suggested, and I shrugged hopefully.

"Good acting, though," I commented, and he sat up, still holding my hand with the ice in the other.

"And you," he chuckled, and I stared at his injury for a few seconds longer.

"I didn't mean to knock you over so suddenly. I thought it'd take more than that," he spoke, and I gave him a small smile, my thoughts tripping over each other.

"You know, maybe if we didn't have such sucky friends, we wouldn't be here in the first place," I spoke lowly, gripping the seat with my free hand. He squeezed my hand with his, nudging me.

"We can't change that they don't accept our relationship," he spoke softly, beginning to calm my throbbing heart and pounding heart.

"This stupid act can't risk taking an intermission," I sighed, working with the 'play' analogy once more.

"It's taxing," he nodded, and I turned to see his jaw bruising. I mashed my lips into a line, unsatisfied and annoyed.

"You can kiss me better." I looked into his eyes, watching that cheeky smile grow into a grin. I nodded happily.

He took the ice pack off, but when I leaned to place a soft kiss on my own doing, he made our lips meet instead.

And I was glad for many things right then. Including the fact that no matter how much we may have seemed to hate each other, when we were alone, none of it was an act.

.

.

thanks to 5sos_1D_luvers for requesting this! Im sorry for the wait, but I hope you liked it!

i love you all so much but Im such a wimp lol

Mel xx