No Trouble

I pulled open the door and let myself be surprised when I saw him standing there. Mostly because a) I hadn't invited him over, and b) because he wasn't allowed in the girls' dorm.

Niall had become one of my better friends at university. Our friendship was like a sunny morning. It was so refreshing and relaxing. We didn't ever disagree about much, we helped each other with our homework since we found ourselves in a few classes together, and we just found no trouble getting along with one another. We enjoyed the time we spent together while we stressed about school and such.

So I wasn't surprised that he'd popped in -- even though we usually planned a night together. We'd go over to the dining hall for a quick dinner then over to the library for a study session in comfortable silence -- but more so because he hadn't been caught.

"Hey, what's up?" he asked, his hood pulled over his hair. I smiled lightly, glancing around in the hallway a little.

"Oh, nothing much. Just making some dinner," I shrugged, and his eyes widened a little as he inhaled quickly.

"I can eat when I get back," he spoke swiftly and quietly, and I chuckled, shaking my head.

"I've made plenty, it's no trouble," I offered, suggested he come inside with my hand.

"Great," he smiled, and I realized as I closed the door that he hadn't given a reason for popping by. I guess he just needed some down time to relieve stress.

"I won't get you caught," he reassured me as we walked to the kitchen. I swatted the air with my hand.

"It's okay, I've risked being at your dorm, too," I smiled, stirring the pasta.

"You're a lot better at sneaking in and out, though," he reminded me, and I held in a laugh remembering some other times.

"Everyone has a talent, I guess," I giggled, and he laughed, too. We stood there for a few seconds as I thought of what else I could make.

"Go grab a blanket and move the table in front of the television," I instructed him. "I'll be in there in a minute." He nodded, taking a step before glancing back at me.

"It smells good," he commented, and I was going to smile, but he was already gone.

"Pick out a movie, too!" I exclaimed, putting together everything. I kind of needed help carrying everything in, and I knew he would be willing to help, but I managed.

"So what's on the menu?" he asked me from on the ground. I handed him his portions, setting my own on the ground.

"Pasta with Alfredo sauce and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches," I snickered, and his smile enlarged.

"I told you it smelled good," he grinned, handing me the remote when I'd sat down. I looked at screen and saw that he'd put in The Princess Bride. (a/n if you haven't watched it, please, please do omg)

"Best choice," I commented, pushing play without a second thought as we dug in.

We were mostly silent except for the uncontrollable fits of laughter at the best parts, quoting along the movie. He spilled some pasta on the blanket at one point, saying how sorry he was which led me to tell him that blanket was only $7 and us laughing.

I had finished my dinner only a few minutes after him, so I put my dishes off to the side so I could get more comfortable. I had accidentally knocked the remote off the couch by my shoulder, and as I reached to grab it, so did he. He paused the movie, and I looked at him.

"Something wrong?" I wondered as he put the remote down.

"No, I just. . ." he sighed, looking down. I tilted my head, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Do you need to go?" He shook his head, sighing loudly and looking upset.

"I know it's a little straightforward, and you can say no," he let out, taking a breath before looking directly into my eyes. "But I want you to try to get to know me better." I stared at him, trying to think why he would say that when we would probably stay friends until we graduated. "I want you to give me a chance, " he continued. I hadn't taken the confused expression off of my face as we stared at each other, so I guess he knew he needed to spell it out for me.

"I like you." I felt my heart skip a beat, surprised. He seemed like he was holding in all of his breath just then, so I hurried with thinking about it further. But I wondered if the red in his cheeks was from lack of oxygen or embarrassment.

"I'd love to," I replied finally, letting myself grin because I had said it wholeheartedly. I was still shocked. I hadn't ever had the capacity, with uni, to think about romance or who to have it with.

He let out the biggest sigh, his head falling so limply onto the couch next to my shoulder that I thought he was passing out.

"That was so terrifying," he let out, his forehead brushing my bare shoulder since I'd worn a tank top. I felt myself blushing as our skin met, and I chuckled a little, realizing.

I knew without a doubt that I would have no trouble falling in love with him.

.

.

thanks to Rachel requesting! I made this one not a request in the title because it was a second account and I usually don't do double requests per person, but I didn't know, and I like this one so. All's good :)

I LOVE YOU ALL SORRY FOR THE NO UPDATE I'M STRESSING BRUH time for tumblr lololol

SEE YOU TOMORROW I THINK

Mel xx