Cousin (Request)

I sat down, ready to have some good alone time after a long week when I spotted them. I'd sat down in that quiet restaurant for a little date to myself, but that couple distracted me.

The bright hair caught my eyes first. I'd picked up the menu when I looked just over the top to see his bright, blonde hair. I wanted his smile to match that, disappointed to be disappointed and also that he was sitting across from an equally attractive girl.

I shrugged it off, knowing a relationship would throw off my life balance right then. Nonetheless, I was interested. People like them looked like they would normally be laughing up a storm and brightening the room with their smiles. Instead, they looked like they had just broken up.

As the night went on, they stared at their phones, the table, themselves, or around the room. Anywhere but each other was stared at by those two. At some points, the cute boy nearly caught my gaze glued to them. I would instantly look away or go back to my food. I tried to look away permanently, but I wanted so badly for them to talk or do anything.

When the staff came out and started singing happy birthday to the girl, they finally smiled. Eventually those smiles met each other as a little cake with a candle touched the table. I was silently rooting for them as I finished my pasta, happy with my night alone even though I hadn't thought about much of my own life. But I knew that thinking about something other than my problems was better than thinking about all the wrong things.

But things went downhill for them again, their conversation diminishing quickly. I stared at them, willing for any words at all to be exchanged. When he looked back in my direction once again, I forgot to look away for one complete second, feeling my face heat up as soon as I redirected my line of sight.

I breathed heavily, seemingly having blocked out the sound of his footsteps towards me. When he sat down at my table meant for two, I jumped a little.

"I'm sorry if I've been staring all night, love," he spoke up, his voice finally made known to the wrong girl. My first impression of him was smacked onto my cheek. The realization that he'd just left his date to flirt, or something similar to flirting, with a girl he hadn't ever met was shocking to me.

"No, it's okay," I got out, looking over to the girl he'd left, seeing she was ignoring the situation. How terrible was he to her?

"Did you get ditched? Or have you been waiting for someone all this time?" he wondered, making himself comfortable under my nervous gaze. My mouth dropped open, my eyes switching back and forth from her to him.

"Is something wrong?" he chuckled, resting his cheek against his fist. I closed my mouth, wondering if he was a jerk in disguise.

"You just left your date? To come over here?" I got out, leaning a little closer to him. He furrowed his eyebrows, glancing behind himself at the woman. I was confused and shaken and a little put-off.

"You mean my cousin?" he wondered, and those feeling slightly disappeared. My shoulders slumped a little, and I remembered how to breathe correctly.

"She's your cousin?" I confirmed, and he bit down on his bottom lip to keep from laughing, probably at how stupid I looked.

"She is my cousin," he nodded, chuckling to himself. "And she's also been trying to tell me to come over here to talk to you since you walked in and I was speechless." I felt my cheeks heat up once again, and I relaxed to counter that. I let out my nervous giggles, pressing a hand to my forehead.

I felt so glad that he hadn't been so rude or so awkward to a date of his that I decided from then on I would make sure anyone I went out with didn't feel uncomfortable. In doing so, I made the relationship between Niall and I the only one I ever needed.

.

.

thanks to _NiallerrsPrincess_ for requesting! so sorry for the long wait babe! i hope you liked it!

I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH THANK YOU FOR THE PATIENCE UGH I KNOW I'M SORRY SIGH

eyy tho tomorrow's my birthday and i already have the imagine written YAY

SEE YOU TOMORROW AHH

Mel xxxxxx