Dear Zayn

Dear Zayn,

Even though I might dedicate most of my time and life to Niall, you were special. Everyone is. I looked up to you for being brave to conquer your fears, I looked up to you for pursuing your dreams. I still look up to you.

With you gone, there is no One Direction. I never got to meet you, I never got to see you perform in concert, but from I've seen and heard, you were amazing. You still are amazing.

I won't be selfish right now. I completely understand how much you need this. We loved you. We still love you.

But to think no one will ever truly see One Direction again, to think the band's time is over, is a little terrifying.

I don't know about anyone else, but I found the guys when What Makes You Beautiful became popular. I hated it at first for one simple reason; I was ignorant. I started to like it eventually, and then my best friend at the time made me obsessed. I say made because I was forced. Needless to say, I'm not upset at all.

After a while, I tore down all my posters, thinking I didn't want to like something I really didn't. Then I moved and Midnight Memories came out. I was obsessed and it helped me get through leaving all of my friends. All my obsession came back tenfold with the discovery of tumblr and new friends who liked them so intensely that I was jealous.

But then it died down once again, but you can imagine what happened with Four as well. Now, I've been crying for hours.

I won't be mad at you for doing something for his own health, but I'm mad at myself for not appreciating One Direction while it was still whole. I should have worked for those concerts tickets. I should have watched that video. I should have gone that extra mile to finish that Zayn fanfiction. But I didn't. I shouldn't have taken anyone for granted.

It's not like you're dead, but nothing will ever be the same.

We wish you all the happiness you could ever want. I wish you all the happiness.

And I wish the ones who still love you peace and comfort through this emotional night. Let the songs from 2010 ring forth through the dark. Let this be a reminder to us never to take anyone for granted, no matter if they move away or pass away.

We love you. We always will.