Opposite (Request)

A 13-15 page research paper due in one week. An oral presentation that next day. Three midterms in the next few weeks. One heck of a headache. I hadn't expected university to be quite like that. 

I pressed the palm of my hand to my head, feeling the pounding resonating in my skull but hoping to kill it with sleep. I sat down on our bed, sighing loudly. Niall chuckled behind me. 

"You'll be just fine, babe," he spoke, and I wished I could've believed him. 

"I'm going to stress to death," I reminded him, shaking my head as I pulled back the covers and started to get into bed. I feel his hand on my shoulder and his lips on my cheek, sighing. 

"Goodnight, Niall," I tried to hint, convincing myself that I didn't need to feel his touch then and that it wouldn't calm be down but do just the opposite. I didn't need that. 

"I love you," he spoke softly, reaching over to barely miss my lips with his own. I sighed, turning away even further from him.

"I love you, too, but let's kill the lights. I have a lot of sleep to catch up on," I tried to smile, and he chuckled. 

"Beauty sleep, right?" he wondered, scooting closer to me. I could feel his body heat, beginning to get a little too hot. 

"Niall," I spoke a little sternly, and he backed away, laughing a little once more. 

"Night, babe," he finally said, and I let out a happier exhale. The room became dark, and I tried to slow my breathing gradually as my eyes adjusted to notice that it was brighter outside than inside. The moon was full and so was my to-do list, but I tried not to think about either as I let my eyes fall closed naturally. 

A few minutes passed, and I felt his hand slip onto my waist. I couldn't take much more, only having about six hours until I had to wake up the next morning. 

"Niall!" I exclaimed, feeling my cheeks bring in most of the heat still circling from his body. I sat up in bed, feeling his hand leave. I could mostly see him in the light that flooded through the windows, and his eyes were wide. 

"I'm s-sorry, but I can't, okay?" I watched him nod, and I felt my heart beating because of his fingertips and because of the way I was yelling at him and everything that I knew I needed to do. 

"I've got too much going on to really be in the mood for any part of. . .anything!" I stumbled, and I reached a nice conclusion. My hands found his bare chest, not pushing but urging him off the bed. 

"Go sleep on the couch," I told him, and he kind of fell onto the floor, quickly regaining his feet. 

"What?" he asked, and I bit down on my bottom lip. I climbed off on his side clumsily, pushing him towards the door, his hot skin under my fingers. He didn't resist, but he was a little confused, and I finally closed the much cooler door, sighing. I thought that was the best way to get some real sleep. I listened as he walked down the hall and stopped in the living room after lingering outside of the door for a few, long seconds. 

I wanted to feel bad, but my racing heart and pounding head just told me to go back to bed. And I was nearly asleep when I heard the click of the doorknob and sat right back up again. 

"Niall," I groaned, hearing his feet shuffle into the room. I was a little blinded by the hall light, but when he switched on the bedroom lamps, my head didn't appreciate much. I felt my hands readying to push him out again, determined to get at least five hours of some type of sleep. 

"Katelyn, please. It's so uncomfortable out there," he whined, and I tried to ignore the fact that he was really cute. His hair was all messed up, and I couldn't help but imagine the moon being a lot duller than his determined eyes. I needed to focus on sleep. 

"Niall, really?" I got out just before he rushed towards me and kissed me, grabbing my face with one hand. Before I could pull away and yell at him, he let go for me. 

"That was all I wanted," he sighed, and I stared up at him, strangely even more upset when his hand left my cheek. "I'm sorry." I couldn't do anything but watch him, wondering why I'd be put off by his touch, which I'd come to love the moment he'd first kissed me. Why had I thought he'd only make things worse? I'd fallen in love with him for a reason, and it wasn't to force him to sleep on our stupid couch.

I pulled myself towards him, his wonderful self taking over the rest and letting me begin to relax in his arms. 

As we laid back down to sleep, only moments after I'd tried to get him to leave again, I realized that the only thing I needed to calm down was him. 

It would never be the opposite. 

.

.

thanks to katyyyy4444 for requesting this! so sorry for the wait, but I hope you liked it, babe!

aw this one was a nice change of pace from jealousy and such 

I LOVE YOU ALL DON'T FORGET TO SAY WHAT YOU THOUGHT AND CLICK THAT VOTE BUTTON CUZ I STILL DON'T KNOW WHY THAT'S THERE AND HAVE A FANTASTIC DAY 

Mel x

p.s. sorry these last few imagines have been quite late in the day / time i usual post them! i've been doing a lot of fun things lately (aka sleeping lol)