Hide (Request)

All of the hate really hadn't bothered me until that morning. I'd woken up from a dream about being yelled at endlessly by his fans, telling me I was ugly and strange and didn't deserve to be near him.

I knew they were just being racist and rude and inconsiderate, but it still hurt.

I stared up at the ceiling in the dark until I started crying, thinking about everything that they'd been saying over the last few months as we'd gotten to know each other. Just being Filipina caused this?

I tried to be silent, knowing Niall was right next to me, but when I sobbed out loud on accident, it roused him.

I closed my mouth, holding everything in to be silent once more.

"Bettina?" he called out softly, and I began to cry again, curling up so I was completely under the covers.

I let myself cry for a few seconds, and I guess he was confused for a little while, too. He didn't try to get me out until I attempted to wipe my eyes.

"Are you hiding from me?" he chuckled, and I blinked away a few more tears.

"Sure," I sighed, and he seemed to get that I wasn't okay.

"Come on out now," he coaxed gently, and I bit my tongue.

"I'll stay in here," I spoke to him, making myself smaller.

"Can I join you, then?" he asked softly, and I felt the tears start in my eyes again.

"Why would you want to?" I cried, letting myself sob again. I heard Niall come under the covers anyway, pulling my curled form against himself.

I could tell he knew what was wrong; he'd been aware of it, too. But since it had never bothered me before, he hadn't needed to reassure me until just then.

"Hey," he spoke into my hair as I gradually uncurled into his arms.

"If I cared about any of that, would I be doing this right now?" he asked, intertwining us. I blinked, thinking.

"You may not care, but it still hurts, Niall," I sighed, and he tensed up a little.

"I care about you," he let out, and I felt my heart beat a little faster even though I'd known that for a long time.

"I care if you feel like you belong here next to me because I want you to," he whispered, and I closed my eyes. How had I gotten so lucky?

"I want to, too," I spoke to him, and he pulled me in closer. For a few moments we were silent, just listening to each other breathe.

"You don't have to hide under the covers anymore," he said, and I opened my eyes.

"I don't wanna hide," I reassured him, and I heard him sigh.

We stayed under the covers.

.

.

thanks to fangirlmnl for requesting! So sorry for the wait, but I hope you liked it! thank you for being so, so sweet and making me believe in myself just a little bit more ;D x

I love you all so much gosh I'm so freaking lucky

OKAY BYE SEE YOU TOMORROW

Mel xxxx