Lies (Request)

I tied the second knot in my shoes, grabbing the leash from the hook and alerting my dog. He was a spoiled little hound, that one.

I hooked him up, locking the door as I stepped outside. The cool air expanded my lungs, helping me to wake up. Mornings felt the best.

As he pulled me along down the street towards downtown, my arm ached from those push-ups I'd been doing every night. I guess that somehow reminded me of the knives in my back that I'd received during those few confusing weeks.

Emma and I'd made plans to see each other every weekend, or every weekend that we could. Though we lived on different campuses for different colleges, neither of us were far from the twin we'd become best friends in. Both of our parents and us hung out for those few days and relaxed.

But as the weather depressed into winter, things grew worse. For one reason or another that I would come to find out, both pairs of parents felt the need to spread lies between us. It ranged from whispering to me in the hall before those weekend dinners to phone calls at random times in the day. I was told how annoyed and inconvenienced Emma was to have to drive home every single weekend and the many falsified details following. She was told that I would rather spend those days with my friends out and getting drunk. The lies grew and grew until she finally broke. All throughout, I doubted much of everything. I didn't want to believe the harsh 'truth,' and I thought my parents would never lie to me. If she had a real problem, I expected her to tell me.

So one weekend when she didn't show up to my house, I got a phone call.

When I ran to my parents just a few minutes later, they were confused as to why she would do such a thing. I told them she'd said something about how she was inconviencing me, and how it was better that we just stayed apart, but she didn't let me ask any questions before she began to cry and hung up.

I cried to them how I had no idea where she'd start to think that because it wasn't true when they began to chuckle.

As the blade of the knife entered my back, I heard my mom say, "We told her. Had she not known we were joking?"

From that point on, neither of us went home on weekends. I could see right through their lies.

After that, I debated with myself on calling her and trying to work things out, but focusing on our studies felt like the right thing to do.

So that early summer day, that all came to mind once more, bringing her into my head as well.

As we entered downtown, I imagined how it would be if we'd lived together at the same college and how fun that would be.

To put an end to my daydream, my dog began to pee on a trash can, right next to a car which a woman was getting out of.

"Come on," I whined, rolling my eyes and shifting my weight to my left leg. "Are you kidding me?" I spoke a little louder, at least letting the woman know I didn't want this either as my dog looked at me.

"You're disgusting," I commented, sighing loudly and almost covering up the woman's giggle.

I glanced up at her, seeing her cover her mouth as I met her familiar eyes. When the realization hit us both, she covered her mouth completely.

"H-hi, Emma," I got out, feeling an overwhelming of every single emotion.

She quickly stepped onto the sidewalk and hugged me without another glance or word. I held my breath, parts of that daydream drifting back into my head.

"I know it was all a lie," she let out. I hadn't been happier in any moment, I think.

"I miss you," she breathed, letting go and letting me see her beautiful face once more.

"I thought I was the only one." Her eyes smiled wider than her lips as they met mine unexpectedly but so perfectly.

I knew that no lie, no matter how convincing, could keep us apart.

.

.

thanks to Emmatyler68 for requesting! So so sorry for the wait babe!

I hope you all liked this despite the fact that I didn't post yesterday nooo I'm so mad at myself

I LOVE YOU ALL HAVE A GOOD DAY

Mel xx

p.s. can anyone else tell me if they're also this excited for Halo 5