So Happy (Request)

I heard the car pull out of the driveway, knowing that when Niall came home from work I would still be in bed. The motivation for me to do much of anything anymore was gone. Those thoughts made me cower back under the covers and cry.

My mental health had declined since I'd gotten out of college, collapsing when I wasn't able to find a job with the degree I'd worked so hard to earn. Niall was out being successful every single day when I couldn't even get out of bed to make myself food.

He didn't say much to me about it, and especially those last few days, he had been very quiet about the whole thing. I slept most of the day, trying not to think about it or anything, really.

One day, when he came home, I could tell something was different just by the sound of his footsteps.

"Hello," he spoke, opening the bedroom door and coming to sit down next to me. I covered my face, knowing I probably looked like crap.

"I have a few things for you," he spoke, and I furrowed my eyebrows, yawning slightly but having it cut out halfway from me being so weak.

"Oh, why?" I wondered, blinking a little. I was still tired, but that wasn't new.

"It's just because," he shrugged, and I sighed.

"Maybe later," I breathed, turning onto my side. He chuckled.

"I'll carry you if I have to," he spoke lightheartedly, and thoughts about why he even pretended to love me when I was so malfunctional started to creep in. And the tears that somehow never ran out began to swirl in my eyes.

"Fine," I agreed, not wanting to disappoint him any further. I sat up in my bed, holding in my tears.

He carried me on his back, seeming to be smiling the entire way to the living room.

"Close your eyes," he told me excitedly, and I complied, focusing on pushing the tears back inside.

When he set me down on the couch, I curled up until I was the smallest I could be, waiting until it could be over.

"Alright," he spoke, and I let the light hit my eyes. I blinked, seeing him holding up something in front of me.

"I got a few things for you," he repeated, and I rested my chin on my arms which were on my knees, staring at him.

He first held up a book, letting me see that it was from my favorite author's next book.

"I got this," he spoke, setting it down next to me. He next held up a neck massager, smiling as he showed me. My heart felt like it had just started to beat again as he continued.

"And this is a little planetarium that shows the stars on the ceiling because I know you like that kind of stuff," he grinned, and I felt the tears begin to come back again.

"And then there's this CD that I think helps you relax," he finished, making sure he'd gotten everything. He stared at the ground, thinking as I began to cry because I felt like he cared about me for the first time in a while.

"I haven't seen you smile in a long time, and I don't know if any of this will help, but I wanted to try," he shrugged, finally looking up at me. I burst into tears, taking a few moments to watch his face fall before I hid my own, trying to hold back long enough to tell him I was happy.

He came towards me and hugged me, sighing. I began to laugh, feeling him pull away suddenly, lifting my face to look at him only to cover it again. I was grinning bigger than would could probably fit on my face.

"I'm so happy," I got out, watching the smile grow on his own and wanting to feel that happy all the time, all thanks to him.

And that's why I love Niall Horan.

.

.

thanks to tashig85568 for requesting! I hope you liked it and sorry for the wait!

i love you all so much! hopefully my updates will be more consistent

i'll definitely be getting at least one more out tomorrow :) thank you so much

Mel xx