Keep Going (Request)

before you read; this is based off the vampire academy books, just for a little background :)

.

I looked through the closet, rolling my eyes when I realized I didn't have much to wear. I was about to give up on trying and going when Melody walked in, already dolled up for the dance that night.

I laid back on my bed, groaning as she waltzed into the room making me feel kind of crap.

"Why haven't you gotten ready yet?" she wondered, and I chuckled.

"I don't think I even own something pretty enough," I sighed, closing my eyes. She was silent for a few moments, then hurried and ran out. I shrugged and closed the closet, thinking I could go for some soup right then.

I had just got the pot out when she burst back in through my door, startling me.

"I have a dress for you," she grinned, and I furrowed my eyebrows, seeing a little hint of red behind her back. She was always fabulous, even just during class, so wondering what she could possibly do to make me look good was consuming me.

"Alright," I sighed, walking back into my room. She followed me, handing me the dress and looking away as I first awed at it and then changed into it.

I stood in the mirror for a few seconds, silent but surprised. It fit well on me (pic on the top).

"Thank you," I let out, immediately opening my closet once more to find appropriate shoes. I put on a face of makeup, beginning to feel the anxiety bubble up inside of me.

"Why are you so excited now?" she wondered, and I turned to glance at her as I threw my hair over my shoulder.

"You know why," I smiled lightly, beginning to blush just thinking about him.

When the school has announced the dance, I'd immediately looked at him, watching his eyes for any change or excitement. He did smile to his friends when they'd nudged him, but other than that, it didn't look like he'd go. Homework was heavy at that time of the year.

But I was determined to go, even for just a little bit, to see if he'd be there. If so, I'd be glad I'd dressed up, hoping to talk to him. Ever since I'd grown to like him, it'd been something I'd dreamed about, thinking about if he would ever like me back.

That night, I was hoping something would change.

"Oh," she smirked, nudging me a little. I rolled my eyes, hiding the blush appearing on my cheeks by shutting off all of the lights and getting ready to leave.

"He probably does like you, you know. He may not show it, but he's always been really nice to you," she started, and I blinked, locking the door and stepping out into the hallway.

"I really don't know, Mel," I sighed, mashing my bright red lips together. "He's nice to everyone." She shrugged, beginning to walk.

We arrived at the gym, seeing the dance already starting, right on time. I felt my stomach twist in a knot, glancing down at my dress and hoping with all of myself that something would happen.

"There he is," she pointed out, and I stumbled a little, locking on to his figure. He always looked good, but he'd put a lot of effort into it that night. One blazer short of a full suit, he almost made me trip over my own feet.