Chauffer (Request)

I heard the door open and rushed out of my room to see him, both of our eyes seeming to be adjusted to the dimness of the room as I smiled at him.

"Have fun?" I wondered, and he nodded. I realized that he was really drunk, letting out of a noise before he could put the car keys on the designated hook.

"Did you drive home?" I asked him, my heart beginning to race.

"Well, I own a car," he shrugged. I could tell then that he wasn't in the mood for what I was about to say, but I didn't care. I let my anger rage as soon as it was ignited.

"Are you kidding me? Are you stupid?" I yelled, my eyes wide at him. He furrowed his eyebrows over at me, letting his hand fall back to his side.

"If I'd felt in danger, I would have pulled over," he shrugged, and I clenched my fists. Had I ever been that angry?

"It doesn't matter! Other peoples' lives are at stake, too!" I exclaimed, putting my face in my hands for a few seconds, thinking about it with terror.

"I know that," he tried to argue, but I was flaming.

"You would have been arrested if a cop pulled you over!" I shouted at him, and he finally put his lips together and looked me in the face.

"I understand! Will you shut up already?" he yelled right back, pushing my raging brain over the edge. I rushed forward and took the keys from his hands, shaking as I closed the car door and drove to Melody's house. I couldn't believe I'd done that, but I couldn't believe he did that, either.

She understood completely, and my anger slowly died down, hoping he wouldn't break anything while he was at home. I thought about it all night, eventually falling asleep but having a nightmare too vivid that I just stayed up.

I got up in the morning just before Melody had to go to work, seeing her off and wondering what I would do all day while she was gone. I guess I wouldn't have to look very far for that answer when Niall walked through the door.

"How did you get in here?" I wondered, a little surprised but mostly still mad.

"Mel agrees with me," he shrugged, smiling at me. I sighed, furrowing my eyebrows.

"What does she agree with?" I urged him on, waiting as he let another smile come to his face before he spoke.

"She agrees that I was stupid, and that I'm really freaking sorry," he told me, and I sighed louder, folding my arms across my chest.

"Niall," I spoke, shaking my head. I didn't want to forgive him for some reason.

"She also agreed that I don't deserve my license for a while," he nodded, and I let my eyebrows raise gradually as he looked up at me.

"So I have something for you," he said after our eyes were locked for a while. I let my arms fall to my sides, watching as he got down on one knee. I felt my eyes pop, and he realized what he was doing, kneeling on both knees and taking my hand.

"Will you be my official chauffeur?" he asked me, and I broke, not being able to the stop the smile that I wore.

"It would be my honor," I nodded, and he immediately stood to hug me. But the longer I was in his arms, the more I thought about what it would be like if he'd gotten in a crash or got taken to jail.

I couldn't stop the tears either, sobbing a few times into his chest.

"I could have lost you," I spoke, not able to think about it anymore. I squeezed my eyes shut, focusing on his heartbeat and then his voice.

"I know, but now I'm making sure you won't," he spoke softly, and I tried to nod.

"I'll hate my job, but I love you," I chuckled, and he sighed, hugging me a little tighter.

"I love you, too, my little chauffeur."

.

.

thanks to TaylorPayne1 for requesting! I'm sorry for the wait, but I hope you liked it!

I LOVE YOU ALL

IM AT CAMP SHUSH

OKAY BYE

Mel xx