Trick (Request)

I pushed the hair out of my face, glad I'd decided to take a walk. I'd headed down to the beach not far from my house, set on stopping myself from feeling stressed. So I got out of the house, leaving everything as it was and just walking. 

The sun was close to setting over the water, so I took out my phone and opened the camera. I snapped a few pictures, letting the salty air rush across my skin and through my lungs. It felt a lot better than the stuffy, claustrophobic room I'd been sitting in for hours on end. 

I'd loved the ocean since I was little, glad that I chose that town to live in for a while. The vibes there helped me a lot when I was down.

Sitting down in the sand, I pushed all of the thoughts out of my mind, focusing on the sound of the waves just a ways in front of me. 

I don't think I'd been sitting there for that long when I spotted a bottle sticking up in the sand. I stood up, vaguely seeing something inside. Picking it up and seeing that it was in one piece, I blinked, realizing there was a piece of paper inside. Kind of rolling my eyes at the whole 'message in a bottle' cliché, I pulled it out anyway. 

Rolling open the paper, I dusted off the sand and read the scribbled words. It said, "BEEN LOST AT SEA FOR YEARS, HERE ARE MY COORDINATES: 36.509761, -121.942023." I furrowed my eyebrows, trying to think if that even made sense. I was about to throw it away in a nearby trashbin, second guessing my notion that it was fake. What if it was real and someone really needed help?

I used my brain for the first time since I'd walked out of my house, plugging the coordinates into my phone and noticing the location was on the street parallel to the shore. I felt my blood boil just a little, my emotions already running high but becoming easily annoyed that someone would do something like that. 

I shoved the paper back in the bottle, walking quickly and following the directions from my phone. Just as the sun touched the horizon, I angrily stalked up to the door I was led to, knocking as hard as I could. The house was really nice, the kind I'd always wanted, but I was too mad to admire much of it. 

When the door opened, I held back my anger, remembering that he was a human -- and quite a cute one at that. I blinked, giving him a small smile. 

"Hello," I spoke up, watching him push the door open further, confused.

"Hi," he nodded, looking me up and down quickly, knowing I was watching him. 

"You don't seem to be lost at sea," I let out, seeing him become even more confused. I lifted the bottle so he could see, not really sure what I was expecting him to do. 

But when he began to laugh uncontrollably, some of my anger was diluted, simply because he had looked so confused and his laugh was really cute. 

I was a little confused at why someone as young as me would play a trick like that, thinking that it would make more sense for it to be an old man trying to get back at kids or something. 

When he could finally seem to breathe, I kind of laughed, not even realizing that it was funny. 

"I'm sorry," he got out, shaking his head at me. "I'm just surprised you fell for it." I grinned, unable to hold it in much, looking up. 

"I plugged in the coordinates to my phone and got ticked off," I shrugged, and he laughed again, making me smile. I guess it wasn't too bad that he'd wanted to play that trick. 

"Do you have time to come inside?" he wondered, and I remembered all that work I had to do. I nodded anyway, glad that I'd found that stupid bottle and fallen for a stupid joke. 

And I went inside. 

.

.

thanks to NikiahHoran for requesting! I hope you liked it babe! 

i got this from tumblr lol 

I hope you all liked it as well! hustle continues. 28 days!

Mel x

p.s. how are you all liking made in the am?