Sister (Request)

I didn't know how, but I'd actually forgotten that three weeks earlier I'd found out that I was pregnant. I'd randomly decided to do it when I got up to go to the bathroom one night. The tired me took the pregnancy test, and when I found out, I was so shocked that I tried my best to forget as I fell back asleep. 

And I did.

However, three weeks later, Niall and our daughter Cora and I were headed out for lunch. The weather had warmed up a little, enough to only wear a mildly heavy jacket. Just as we were about to leave, I spoke up, excited to get going and spend my Saturday afternoon with the two people I loved most. 

"Okay," I sighed out, smiling as I patted my pocket to make sure I had my phone and glanced at Niall's wallet sitting on the coffee table. "Niall?" I called, hearing his footsteps approaching quickly. 

He stepped around the corner, grinning like an idiot.

"Let's go," he spoke eagerly, and I smiled back lightly. He was always in such a good mood, making my bad days seem like echoes in the distance. 

"Do we have everyone?" I asked aloud, looking down at Cora as she played with the ends of her hair. She looked up at me, shaking her head. I furrowed my eyebrows, knowing she would answer my question by the small gap of her mouth.

"Can I bring a sister?" she wondered, and I blinked a little, squatting down next to her. 

"What do you mean, honey?" She pouted a little, crossing her arms and looking at me with big eyes. 

"Annie has a sister that she gets to play with all the time. Can I have a sister?" Her question caught me off guard, making me glad I'd sunk down below Niall's level so he couldn't see how wide my eyes went. I felt a large weight on my shoulders. The weight of a secret. 

My heart began to race, but I stood anyway, taking Cora with me in my arms. 

"I'm glad you asked," I smiled, getting through the nervousness that overwhelmed me the moment I realized I needed to tell Niall. He was grabbing his wallet off the table, half-listening and half-not. 

I met his eyes, determined on keeping them. He looked a little confused, but I took a shaky breath in to clear his mind.

"Your sister will be here soon," I smiled, kissing Cora's cheek briefly but quickly looking back to him. He only looked more confused, but I shook my head.

"Do you not get it?" I chuckled, shaking a little. He looked down at the ground, mumbling to himself before finally looking up at me like the world had just announced its end. 

"Mariana," he let out, rushing towards me and kissing me before his hands even reached me. I was so surprised and so pulled in by the kiss that I had to put Cora down between the two of us, feeling him draw me nearer to his body and his heart when I let her hand slip out of mine.

He let go, pulling away to see the utter euphoria rising in my cheeks. 

"Are you serious?" he whispered, seeming to be barely capable of even that. I nodded, blinking and being pulled in again too quickly to see if he was crying. 

He held me close for a long time, and I completely forgot about lunch, only truly beginning to feel how happy he was when he breathed out finally against my ear.

"You're going to have a sister, Cora." 

.

.

thanks to seashellshoran for requesting! so sorry for the wait, but I hope you liked it! 

i love you guys! hopefully this three day weekend will help me catch up. knowing me it wont but we're off to a good start

i'll be posting in my third book tomorrow. i would have tonight but i didn't want to rush this next one and this one had already been planned 

THANK YOU I LOVE YOU SLDKGJDLFKNDF

Mel xxxxxx