Street Race (Request)

"Thanks so much for coming, Niall," I spoke as he pulled me in for a hug. He didn't let me go for a few seconds, and I smiled, not letting anyone else see.

If I had the power to, I would have married Niall instead of Louis. Don't get me wrong, Louis was one of the greatest guys I'd ever met, but something about the fact that our marriage was arranged for the benefit of our parents wasn't the best.

Or maybe it was the fact that I was in love with Niall.

He let me go, smiling briefly before guiding me aside to step closer to Louis. I swallowed, hoping Niall wouldn't cause problems.

"How about a friendly street race?" he asked him, and I wanted to laugh. First, it was illegal, and second, I doubted Louis would be stupid enough to --

"Sure!" he grinned, not getting the hint that Niall just wanted him gone, or dead. He smiled falsely back at him, and they both set up their cars at the straightaway towards the gate to the small park we were at for the reception.

We had found the cutest place. There was a park up on a cliffside looking over the ocean with a lighthouse just a few miles up the cliff. The weather was clear and warm, leaving me nothing but happy.

Until they started up their cars. Louis was sliding off his suit jacket and handing it to his terrified-looking mother. So I lifted my skirt and walked over to Niall. I knocked on the window, seeing him grin at the sight of me.

"You're an idiot, you know that?" I spoke, leaning in through the window.

"And you're hopping in the backseat, you know that?" he replied, gently resting his hand on my face for a few seconds. It was still more than enough time to leave me with butterflies.

I didn't protest any, making sure no one saw that I hopped in the car. Louis ignored me snickering as he nodded to Niall. Some teenager, probably one of my new cousins, started the race, and I almost choked pn how fast Niall started going. He was out of the gate, down the road and along the coast faster than I thought was possible.

"Slow down!" I meant to demand, but the laugh of amazement stuck in my throat came through then. I saw him smile at me in the rearview mirror, and he only went faster. I looked out the back, expecting Louis to be right behind us.

He was stuck behind another car at a stop sign, too afraid to go or honk.

I laughed once more, suddenly feeling overwhelmingly free.

He slowed down once we came around the mountain, going up a dirt road higher into the trees. I stared out at the ocean until me came to a stop on the cliff. He stepped out of the car, my own feet quickly following. The sun wasn't far from setting, so I stared out at it as it hovered over the water.

"I won," he chuckled, and I shrugged.

"You're better than him, after all," I let out, and his hand found mine.

I let the smile take over my face, glad for that moment alone with him. I don't recall how long we sat on the hood talking about nothing, but the sun had nearly drown completely.

"Rebecca!" I heard Louis exclaim, and Niall dropped my hand quickly. I turned to him, smirking. He looked worried, but I only continued with my look of victory.

"I didn't even know you were in the car until Johnny told me," he sighed, running up and hugging me like he had actually been concerned.

"Let's get you back," he smiled, wrapping an arm around my shoulders.

"We still won, though," I bragged, and he scoffed playfully.

Before I could get in his car, I looked back at Niall, only seeing his silhouette against the dying light of the sunset. I longed to kiss him then since I had gotten the chance since the night I'd gotten engaged.

Louis didn't know it, and maybe Niall didn't either. But I knew, without a doubt, I would be back for the one I truly loved.

.

.

thanks to niallhoran2010lover for requesting! sorry it took so long, but I hope you like it!

inspired by the commercial on the side that I saw in global xD

I love you all! have a good day for me, lovelies

Mel xx