Loud (Request)

"There's some guy complaining that it's too loud," I heard Liam speak. My manager groaned, and I could see her rolling her eyes without even turning to look.

"It's a restaurant. What does he expect?" she scoffed, and I watched Liam stand expectantly, waiting for what she would do. He was newer, so I had been taking care of him.

"I'll go talk to him," she grumbled, and I remembered that I also had a job to do. I quickly took the food out to my tables, glancing at the manager talking to the guy.

He looked annoyed, pointing out what I guessed were especially loud people. I laughed, wondering how there were people like him in the world.

I walked back to grab the refills for someone's drink, hearing the door swing open as I finished filling the cup.

"Ridiculous!" my manager yelled. "He says we should give him something exceptional in return for the inconvenience. What a-"

"So what are you gonna give him?" Liam spoke up, cutting her off. She rubbed her temples, sighing. I could tell she was stressed.

"Go and find out. I have more important things to worry my time with," she said, waving him off as she started towards her small office in the back of the building.

"I'll come with you," I offered, seeing his frightened expression soften.

"Thanks," he grinned, relieved. We walked out together, and I pointed him in the direction of the guy's table. Someone needed a box for their food, so I quickly helped them and then rushed back over for support.

When I walked up, I heard the guy talking about how idiotic everyone there was.

"It's a place for eating, not socializing," he kind of yelled, and I saw how tense Liam was.

"How can we make it up to you, sir?" he spoke, his voice shaking. I caught the guy's eye, and his smile at me was unexpected.

"I'd like to have a meal with her," he smirked, and I wanted to smack him.

"Uh, excuse us," I said politely, pulling Liam by the arm back towards the kitchen area.

"Is he joking?" I screeched, thinking I had a job to do and patience to keep. I couldn't do either with that guy.

"I'll make sure he doesn't rape you," he only shrugged, looking sympathetic. "But if it gets him to shut up and pay us, you should do it." I chewed on my bottom lip, scratching my head.

My shoulders slumped, annoyed that I would have to sit with some jerk and have a meal.

I asked my manager if I really had to, and she told me that if I didn't want to I might as well have quit right then.

I had no choice.

I took the notepad and pen out of my pocket, taking my hair down and trying to think of a way out of it. I walked around the corner anyways, giving a small smile before sitting down at the table for two.

He seemed like he was a nice person, kind of. His hair and face were brighter than most, but the seemingly permanent smirk ruined it. He had an air of importance, like he was royalty and wanted everyone to know.

I glanced around as I picked up the menu, wondering why he had been bothered by noise. We were in a secluded corner, away from everyone else.

"I've ordered two of what I'm having," he said, getting my attention as he took the menu from my hands. He smiled a little softer, but I wanted to keep my distance from getting to know the guy; he had caused my manager -- and me -- trouble for no good reason. He was too arrogant for my taste.

"So, may I be pleasured with your name?" he wondered, leaning against the back of the chair and keeping his eyes glued to mine. "I'm Niall, if you were wondering," he added, running a finger over his lips like I was supposed to be attracted to him.

"Mahek," I answered, attempting to be nice. He raised his eyebrows, going to speak again.

"Beautiful name, but do you know what's even more beautiful?" he questioned, leaning closer to me on the table. I had a feeling I knew where he was going with it, and I only made a half-interested face at him.

"My hair today, don't you think?" he grinned, running a hand through that very thing. I rolled my eyes.

"Here's your food, sir," Liam suddenly spoke, appearing out of nowhere. He set down his dish, my identical one following. It was an awful lot of food, but I was hungry.

"Hey," I called out softly to him. He turned back, raising an eyebrow. I took his hand and squeezed it, thankful that he was helping me. He smiled, nodding knowingly.

"Don't you have a job to do?" Niall spat, and I dropped Liam's hand out of surprise. I glared back at him as Liam left without another word. All he had was a smile, which irritated me.

I fumed down at my food, wondering why he was being so rude.

I began eating, and he followed. I loved the dish as soon as I took a bite, and I didn't bother trying to talk with him, due to what he had said about eating and socializing earlier and just because he was on my nerves.

The silence was actually nice, giving me time to think.

Why did he want to eat with me? Does he think I'm cute? Is he trying to make a point? If so, what?

I looked up to see how much he had eaten, only to find him doing the same. I quickly looked back down like it was a mistake.

He was strange; bluntness and narcissism weren't the best qualities to have, however, they suited him.

We stayed quiet, and I found it much better than what I was expecting. When I finished, he had already been done for a few minutes.

"Thank you," he said to me, and I smiled genuinely. Sometimes people surprised me. He hadn't said much that whole time, but I had felt like he had done so anyway.

Liam came back and said the food was free for the inconvience, but I slipped him two fifties before he left. When I stood to leave, Niall did the same, brushing off his thighs.

"I'm glad we could meet your needs, sir," I said, sounding like a trained robot. He shrugged, sighing.

"Thank you," he smiled, and I turned to walk away. He cleared his throat, obviously wanting to say something more.

I wanted to keep walking, but I just half-groaned, half-sighed out of his hearing range, turning back around.

He pulled me into unexpected hug, and I didn't know what to do.

"I'm sorry for all of the trouble," he whispered to me, confusing me completely. "I've just never been on a date with a pretty girl. . .or a date at all, really," he sighed, and I felt bad. He was plenty attractive, and I thought he couldn't be less than rich. So what turned every girl off?

"Goodbye," he spoke, leaving me without a chance to say anything else.

As I stood there, I tried to think, but everyone was too loud.

.

.

thanks to MahekHoran for requesting! sorry it took so long but I hope you liked it! Go check out her books guys!!

should I try to do double updates?? ugh

HEY GUYS! Define romantic for me. You guys ask for romantic imagines, but what do you think that is? What do you want to see?

Mel xx