Ocean (Request)

My tears mixed with the water all around me. I mean, saltwater and saltwater was all it was, but both were terrifying. I couldn't stop crying and the water lapped my life away.

My boat had been tossed so vigorously on the waves that day that I had been thrown off. Rather, I fell off because I was being stupid. Coincidentally, I had been having a tantrum of sorts, so no one knew where I was at all.

My mom and I started yelling at each other, so I stormed off. After that, I stared off of the edge of the boat in the storm, eventually falling off while the boat was being thrown about.

I had tried getting someone's attention, but everyone else was inside the boat because of the storm. So I was left to float until I died.

It was the next morning, and my will to survive didn't exist anymore. I was on my back, staring at the colors of the sunrise for the last time.

I couldn't stop crying, knowing I would die but not wanting to. My clothes had been soaked a million times over, and no land was in sight. I was tired, hungry, thirsty, and very, very cold.

All I could do to save the last of my energy was float on my back. I had been treading water and swimming all night, and I didn't find it necessary to try anymore.

Gradually, the sound of something came closer. My ears were full of water, so whatever it was, a shark, a flock of birds, a boat, I couldn't tell what it was at all.

But then it was hovering above me, flinging water everywhere. That freaking helicopter. I covered my eyes, confused as to why it had to come down right above me.

When someone was yelling at me, then it hit.

Are they actually here to save me? My eyes shot open just as some man appeared in front of me, dangling from a cord.

I instantly took his hand, and he held onto me like I was all he cared about. He squeezed me so tight I thought I would have bruises.

When we got inside the helicopter, the man who came to my rescue took off his mask, yelling at someone something. My eyes were full of water, and when he tried to let me stand, I almost collapsed right out of the helicopter door.

He laid me on a bed, yelling at me incoherent words. All I remember after that was trying to get warm and drowning in a new ocean; his insanely blue eyes.

.

.

thanks to nerdgirl2004 for requesting this! Sorry for the wait but I hope you liked it!

I came up with the idea for this so long ago and I finally got to write it xD

I love you all!!!

Mel xx