Energy (Request)

I stared at myself in the mirror, trying not to be nervous. Yeah, I had practiced, and yeah, I was ready, but there was no reason not to be the smallest bit anxious. The girl I was up against was pretty good.

"Brianna," Niall called through the door, and I grabbed my gear as I stepped out of the bathroom. I glanced at him, seeing the indifference in his expression.

I had told Niall how I felt not even a week before the match. My emotions were running high, including the ones I had towards him. That didn't stop him from rejecting me, and that didn't stop him from being my coach.

"I'm ready," I nodded, quickly looking away as I made sure I had everything. He led me out towards the ring, and I felt my heart pound. I felt the urge to back out, but I knew I could do it.

"Approaching the ring, Brianna!" the announcer called. I held up my hands, smiling and waving at the huge crowd.

My opponent was already getting ready inside the ring; Melody. She had been wanting to fight me for a long time, but I had always had something come up -- I was really just scared.

"It's only three rounds, so give your all," Niall spoke up behind me, handing me my mouth guard. I put it in, sliding on my gloves. I practiced a few punches against Niall before the announcers told everyone it was time.

"It's meant to be short and sweet. Show her what you're made of," he spoke one last time. I nodded quickly.

I stepped into the ring, regulating my breathing as Niall gave me some weak words of encouragement and then closed the doors. I blocked out the yelling crowd, the announcer, and any other noise that would otherwise distract me.

The ref gave us the signal, and without hesitation, I gave her a quick blow to her jaw. I backed up, knowing she was faster than me. Niall and I watched a lot of her videos together, seeing how I could improve to beat her.

She tried to pinpoint my weak spots, obviously not as well informed as me. I knew most of her secrets, like the one where she saves all her energy until the last round and then pummels whoever had the unfortunate fate to be in there with her. That was me right then.

She attempted a hook to the side of my head, but I blocked it, backing up. I wanted her to get upset first, so she wouldn't be thinking as clearly.

I continued to dodge and block, throwing one punch to her stomach in there.

"Focus, Bree!" Niall shouted, and I held back my smile. He hadn't called me Bree since I had told him how I felt.

I gave her a jab in the side, punching her jaw on the opposite side when she turned that way. She growled, punching me right the mouth. I took the shock, running with it.

I gave her a hook, perfectly executed, then an uppercut. She stepped back, rolling her shoulders and jumping a few times. I could tell she was a little annoyed with me, but I didn't expect what happened next.

She lunged at me, taking two punches to my jaw. I stumbled back, keeping my hands up my head.

I went to try to do something similar to her, but she dodged, giving me a bone-crushing hook on the other side of my face.

Before I knew it, I was on the ground, struggling to keep my eyes open. Niall pulled me back up after the ref counted to ten, and I could barely keep on my feet.

"She's killing you, and it's only been three minutes," he spoke sharply, citing through my drowsy head-spins.

"She's too strong for me," I said, taking off my gloves quickly to rub my face gently. Everything hurt.

"Try," he ordered, clenching his jaw and walking away.

When I got back in for the second round, I knew I was toast. Relentless punches to my jaw and chin, trying to punch her, everything was going wrong.

"One minute left," the announcer spoke, cutting through to my ears that were probably bleeding. It was the third round, and I was crying. I kept my face hidden and stoic, passing the tears off as sweat.

"You're dead," she let out, laughing. I wanted to run away, but how could I even run if I couldn't fight?

She didn't stop for that whole minute, and I tried to get away. She went full out on me, and I just took it after a while.

When I laid on the floor once more, I listened for the ref to say ten so it could be over. Melody came over and began kicking me, seeming to have some kind of bone to pick. The ref pulled her off of me, and the buzzer sounded.

I stood back up by myself, showing I was still alive at least. I needed to prove it to myself as well as everyone else.

I trudged down back to my dressing room, Niall somewhere else. I slowly sat down on the chair, wiping my tears as my body ached.

Niall rushed in, making me jump. He rushed over to me, looking worried.

"Are you okay?" he asked, looking like he wanted to hug me. I pushed away all of the extra feelings that pulsed through my body right then as I saw him, focusing on all of the pain so I could sleep, maybe.

"Does it look like it?" I laughed, and he swallowed loudly.

"I called the paramedic," he nodded, looking around as if he has forgot something.

"I'm pathetic. I might as well quit," I laughed, and he shook his head.

"Everyone loses sometimes," he shrugged, acting like we hadn't trained three weeks for that. I leaned back against the couch, enjoying the silence for the time it was there.

"I thought she would punch all of the energy out of you," he sighed, looking more concerned than I had ever seen him. I thought he might have cared for a few seconds.

"Well, not all of it," I smiled, seeing him give me a small smile. I hadn't seen his smile in a long time.

"I can still do this," I let out, using the rest of my energy to lean over and kiss him with everything I had before passing out.

.

.

thanks to coldcoco for requesting this! Sorry for the wait but I hope you like it!

I love you guys and I'm sorry I didn't post anything yesterday :(

Mel xx