Gifts (Request)

I heard the door open, signalling to me that Niall had just gotten home. I slowly walked towards the door, hoping another gift wasn't in his hand. But there always was one. 

"Did you have a nice day?" I wondered, ignoring that little gift box in his hand. He smiled at me, slipping off his shoes. 

"I did," he told me, and at least that made me smile. Niall leaned over and kissed me on the cheek, reminding me of some of the first dates we'd had together. The good old days. 

"I also got you something," he finally said, and I closed my eyes, trying not to look too upset. 

"Thanks, Niall," I spoke falsely. I didn't want anything from him anymore if it would make me that miserable. 

"Open it," he suggested, and I shook my head. 

"I-I'm tired," I sighed, rubbing the back of my neck and trying not to look at him. 

"What's wrong?" he asked, and I glanced over wondering if I should have told him. I stayed silent for a few seconds -- it felt like hours -- as he stared at me patiently.  

"You can't be buying me this kind of stuff all the time," I finally said, thinking about all of those terrible tweets and news reports and rumors and sleepless nights. I wasn't trying to be harsh in anyway, speaking in a soft tone. 

"I'm not going to stop," he shrugged, grinning like it would make me feel better when it only did the opposite. I couldn't help but cry right then, sick and tired of feeling like those rumors were true if everyone believed and talked about them so much. 

He stood there in silence watching me once again as the tears came like they always did. 

"Niall, I hate it!" I started to scream, finally letting everything out. I knew he knew what they thought, and I knew he didn't care, but I did. "I hate that you go around and make people think I want your fame and fortune and money when I just want to spend time with you," I sobbed, covering my mouth afterwards. 

I guessed that we were both sick and tired of all the rumors because he got the same expression that I imagined I was making.

"Maybe I do this because I love you! Did you ever think of that?" he yelled right back, crossing his arms over his chest. I breathed raggedly as I stared right back at him, wondering why he was trying to counter me when I expected him to try to make me feel better. I thought if I could get him to stop buying all those expensive gifts that we would be okay. 

"Well maybe it's too much money you're spending and not enough time!" I shouted at him, feeling the tears temporarily stop. His eyebrows raised, his arms dropping back to his sides.

"Do you think I'm giving you things because I don't know how to express my feelings?" he asked me, his voice a million times quieter. I furrowed my eyebrows, wondering where that'd come from. 

"Maybe that's just it or maybe you're just dumb," I spoke rudely, a little annoyed and a little hurt. 

"No, Michèle," he spoke lovingly. I wondered why since I was being so rude to him. "Do you remember that first time we went out?" I looked over at him, confused. "We didn't really know where to go or what to do so we walked around downtown and you looked so happy when we passed all the shops." I felt my heart beat a little faster, surprised that he'd remembered that part of it. 

"You loved the jewelry shops because your mother used to take you there. You loved clothing stores because it reminded you of the doll clothes she used to make you." I felt the tears coming back, watching as he glanced at the gift on the table before he exploded my heart like he always managed to do. "I wanted to help you to continue to love those things."

In that moment, I knew he loved me more than I probably loved him, those thoughts only making me crying even harder. I watched him come closer, only hugging me softly. He must have thought I was still upset with him.   

But after a few seconds, I hugged him too, sighing.

"Thank you for also helping me to continue to love you, Niall." When I sobbed out those words, he pulled me as close as he could. 

And every gift after that was more special than the last.

.

.

thanks to -finesheen for requesting! I really appreciate it, I hope you liked it and sorry for the wait!

i love you all! aw i wrote this in advance just for you

ARE YOU ENJOYING MY DAILY UPDATES I KNOW I AM 

Mel x

i'll have only 50+ requests soon