How I Feel

"So where were you, Niall?" Melody asked, putting one hand on her hip. I turned my head to look at the two of them, briefly putting down the weights I'd been lifting.

"I was with-"

"Let me guess. Her," she interrupted before he could finish. I'd heard them talk about this girl before, but Melody looked more upset than usual. I was pretty sure she liked him.

"I was telling her I wasn't interested, okay?" he spoke, raising his voice. Melody shook her head, pinching the bridge of her nose. "I like someone else," he added, trying to subdue her abit.

"Then why did you kiss her yesterday?" she retorted just as loud. He sighed, sitting down on a bench.

"She kissed me, Mel." I wondered why it was all such a big deal.

"And you let her?" Melody sighed, crossing her arms over her chest, her ears pink. "There's this thing called pushing away?" I saw her glance over, and I pretended to be looking at the next set of weights I was gonna pick up. The three of us were great friends, but Melody seemed so upset then, I didn't want to bother her by butting in on the conversation.

"I'm a guy! It's kind of hard to stopping kissing a girl," he blushed, looking down. Melody scoffed at him. "You wouldn't get it," he sighed, getting up and walking out of the room. I saw him shove his hands in his pockets before he disappeared out of the weight room.

Melody kicked the bench, sitting down on it afterwards. I put down my weights once more, quietly walking over to sit next to her.

"You okay?" I nearly whispered. She shrugged, and I put my arm around her shoulders, hoping to comfort her a little.

"I just wish he'd stop focusing so much on her and more on the friends he has right here," she sighed, and I nodded. He had been a little distant lately. Not that he ever really talked to me. The most we ever spoke about was music.

As we sat in silence, I decided I should talk to him.

"I-I have to go to the bathroom. I'll be right back," I smiled sympathetically, seeing her nod before thinking where Niall would go.

I found him just outside the door, luckily, watching the small basketball game out there.

"Hey," I spoke up, standing next to him. He only sighed, and I chuckled.

"I've never kissed or been kissed, but I think I understand what you're trying to say," I told him, and he looked at me from the corner of my eye. "I mean, I think it'd be hard to pull away from a kiss." He turned his whole body towards me.

"Really?" I watched him tilt his head to the side like a dog, his blonde hair getting slightly squished on the wall next to him.

"Yeah, I mean, I can only assume-"

"You've really never been kissed?" he spoke up, and I turned to look at him, not knowing that's what he'd meant. For a second, it looked like he was staring at my lips, but I brushed it off, only blushing a minimal amount.

"No," I shrugged, shaking my head and then leaning it against the wall like he had then done. The bell rung before I could think of anything else to say, and I hurried to the bathroom to make my story believable with only a short goodbye to Niall.

I changed, continuing to talk to Melody about Niall and how we both hoped that girl would just leave him alone. The bell rung to let us out of school for the day, and I waved goodbye to her, hiking my backpack up my shoulder.

I rounded the corner towards the gym once more to get to the buses when I ran right into Niall, hitting my head on his shoulder.

"Sorry!" I exclaimed as I stumbled backwards, reaching a hand towards his shoulder so I wouldn't trip in the process.

"I didn't even see-" It seemed the interruptions that day were endless, but that one was abit different.

I instantly understood, better than I had before, what Niall had said. The feeling of someone else's lips on yours isn't something you can pull away from. I wasn't expecting it, and I didn't know what to do, either. I stood helpless, my pounding heart heating up the blood running through every part of my body but my head right then. Already off-balanced, I felt like I was going to tip over, but right before I did, Niall's hand found itself on my back. He pulled me close enough that falling would have been impossible.

I realized that he was trying his hardest to speak to me with his lips even though they were pressed against my own. It didn't feel like normal human contact. I wanted a definition of what I was feeling.

So when he let go, I immediately spoke.

"Niall, what. . ." I lost the ability to speak suddenly, my lips feeling so foreign to me. I'd never been kissed before. His eyes stared so boldly into mine as he helped me stand upright, but my only focus was on our lips. The way his looked so different and the way mine tingled.

"(Y/N), did you want to pull away?" he inquired of me, intent on my answer. I shook my head so slightly as to not disturb the taste of his lips that still lingered on mine. It was almost concerning the way I was obsessed with the feeling I'd just experienced.

"See? You couldn't," he grinned, stepping back so we were once again at a normal distance from each other. He let his grin fade, smiling only to himself, but when he looked back at me just staring at him, he seemed to remember something.

"You said you knew how I feel?" he confirmed, not needing an answer and probably not expecting one. I watched as he ruffled his hair and then smoothed it over again, looking back up at me with red cheeks. He seemed to swallow his fear, starting the whole process over again by stepping closer to me. I recoiled, losing my balance, and he caught me. The memory of his lips on mine stored itself away, bracing for another encounter when he spoke, my desire so close once more.

"Do you feel the same way?"

.

.

I hope that made sense at the end there, that he was confessing his love cuz she was the one he liked yanno?

aw man I loved writing this one

THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT I LOVE YOU ALL

mel xxxxxxx