Yes (Request)

I couldn't help but laugh, watching my breath materialize in the freezing air. I threw another snowball at him, not quite able to reach it because snowballs are hard to make.

I heard one hit the tree I was hiding behind, my mind immediately going back to all the presents Niall had gotten me and that I'd opened that Christmas morning as I tried to make another snowball.

Their parents had gladly let us spend Christmas Eve and morning with them, but it was cold in Ireland. I shivering in Niall's extra coat, waiting to see if he'd throw another one. I popped out from the other side of the tree and chucked one in his direction, seeing him go to dodge but only moving just enough for me to miss.

Eventually, I gave up on trying to make nice snowballs and just picked up chunks of snow and ice, making even bigger targets for him to try to avoid. But my gloves weren't heavy duty, and the morning air kept getting colder, so I was having bouts of shuddering out in that weather.

"I'm freezing!" I called over to him, seeing him pop out from behind a garden box with overgrow weeds in it.

"Wanna head in?" he yelled back, and I gave a large nod, desperately wanting something warm around me. When I thought of his arms, my wind-bitten cheeks got even redder.

We walked inside, discarding our soaked gear into the laundry basket. I shivered in the walkway, watching him look at me and giggle.

"Don't laugh, I'm going to chip my teeth with all this chattering," I spoke, not being able to say it without smiling at the end. He smiled right back at me, extending his hand for me to take. He led me to the living room, sitting me down on the couch and immediately wrapping me in a blanket. The fireplace had a little crackling flame in it, making me smile as it started to warm me up once again.

As my body regulated itself, I began to get a little too hot, so I let the blanket fall off of my shoulders. But I also began to fall asleep, watching the fire flicker. I thought back to one time Niall and I were having a bonfire at our house back in America, when he caught himself on fire. For a few seconds as we both panicked, I thought he would be seriously hurt, or worse. I didn't want to lose him so suddenly. But he was smart, putting it out almost immediately after his senses kicked in.

Those thoughts helped me begin to doze off, my eyes fluttering open a little as Niall walked in.

"Here's some hot chocolate," he spoke, putting the cup down on the table in front of me. I smiled lightly, my eyes a little too heavy to watch him slide the blanket back onto my shoulders and hear him say, "And one more thing." I felt him slip something onto one of the fingers on my left hand, but I was out.

When I came to again, the setting sun was shining right into my eyes. I yawned a little, too tired to let out a full yawn, going to move but feeling an arm on my shoulders. Niall was asleep next to me, stirring when I moved under his arm.

"Oh, sorry," I sighed, blinking at him. He instantly looked intently at me, watching me move. I stared back at him.

"Caitlin," he spoke after a few seconds, and I yawned once again.

"What?" I wondered, reaching my left hand up to touch his strained face. I saw a ring on the appropriate finger, furrowing my eyebrows and bringing my hand away to look at it for a minute. I hand to blink the sleepiness out of my eyes, staring down at it. For a second, I didn't understand, but my brain was screaming at me until I finally understood.

I wasn't quite sure how to say anything in that moment, my mind becoming a mixture of exclamations and words and kisses and confusion and happiness.

"I think this is my favorite Christmas present," I whispered, not saying anything too loud in fear of screaming for everyone to hear that he'd finally proposed.

I looked up at his eyes, seeing him still staring at me until he came even closer and kissed me, making me even warmer next to that dying fire. I kissed him with everything I had, knowing that was what I wanted to give him.

And we both knew it was a yes.

.

.

thanks to mrshoran2310 for requesting! I hope you liked it and sorry for the wait!

I love you all, and sorry for not updating yesterday D: double update today if I can

I LOVE THIS WEBSITE IMMA NEVER LEAVE

Mel xx

p.s. kayyyyyyyy?