Moving (Request)

I didn't mind that we decided to move by ourselves. We hadn't had all that much in our apartment, so a small, rented moving truck was enough. We needed somewhere different. All of the buildings and people back there brought back too many memories for the both of us, so we just got out. Another apartment would suffice for the time being. 

"I can get that," Niall spoke as I lifted a heavy box off of the ground. I raised an eyebrow. 

"You snooze, you lose," I chuckled, carrying it over to the truck. I glanced over at him now carrying two boxes, and I furrowed my eyebrows. I ran over and took the top box off, seeing him mash his lips into a line. 

"I could have gotten that," he sighed, and I rolled my eyes with a smile, putting it down next to the truck. 

"There's nothing wrong with a little help," I told him, walking back to get more boxes. All day he'd been thinking that I couldn't lift heavy things, but I could do more than that. I guessed that at that point he was trying to be stronger than me by carrying multiple boxes, but that wasn't impressive, it was stupid. It was cute, though. 

I heard his footsteps behind me, and I glanced back. 

"I'll grab the bed frame, since that probably should have gone in first," I spoke, lying a little to see him get all worked up again. 

"It's too heavy for you," he spoke, standing next to it before I could even get near it. I put a hand on my hip, raising my eyebrows.

"You think I can't carry it?" I asked him, and he just kept staring at me. 

"I don't want you to get hurt," he said, and I chuckled. 

"I'll be fine, just keep bringing stuff out there," I told him, walking over and beginning to lift the bed frame. It was mostly metal so it was heavy and a little hard to hold. I lifted it and held it by my side, fitting it out of the door with no problem. But as I went down the steps of the front porch, the metal began to hurt my fingers and hands and it started tipping forwards and I was pretty sure it wasn't going to stop. 

"Whoa," Niall spoke loudly, appearing at the front end of it in a flash. I blinked up at him, stopping for a second. 

"There's nothing wrong with a little help," he told me, smirking as he threw my words back at me. But they were true. 

We carried it to the truck, putting it inside with no problem since there were two of us. 

"I didn't know you were this strong," he said towards me, making sure the boxes were all stable in the truck so far. 

"And I didn't know you could get that jealous," I played, eyeing him as he turned with creased eyebrows. 

"I'm not jealous. Strength is strength," he spoke, and I heard the slight lying in his voice. I raised my eyebrows, and he kind of blushed, making all of my strength disappear.

"I'm just tryna show off for you," he sighed, and I couldn't hold in my smile. 

"Okay," I nodded, chuckling as I kissed him. "But I'm going back to get more." 

"Not more than me," he yelled, starting to run back towards the door, my feet immediately taking off after him. 

And at the end of the day, it didn't matter if I was stronger than him, which I probably wasn't. The only thing that mattered was that we were still in love with each other. And that would never change. 

.

.

thanks to Musicnotemagic for requesting this! i hope you liked it and sorry for the wait!

ohh the ending was kind of bad but gjsnlgjhsnlgkjs

DOUBLE UPDATE TOMORROW TOO AND THE SECOND WILL BE MY 100TH PART AND I'M ALMOST AT 170K AND 1K FOLLOWERS WOW WHAT

I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH 

Mel xxxxxxxxx