Fishing (Request)

I stepped onto the boat, excited as ever. It was a bright, sunny day, I set down my pole and my bag in a booth in the cab of the boat, flopping down in the seat.

There were only going to be about ten people on the boat, including the driver and navigator. I hadn't been fishing in a long time, but it was one of my favorite things to do.

When everyone boarded and we started off into the deeper waters of the ocean, I heard someone begin to puke. I sighed, feeling bad for them. I never understood carsickness or seasickness, so at least I didn't have either.

They stopped after a while, after we slowed down and started searching slowly for the right depths. I rubbed some sunscreen on, nibbled on a Snickers, then they gave us the depth and what kind of fish would be there.

I heard someone sit down across me while I fiddled with my bag, quickly looking up.

"Is this seat taken?" a blonde guy asked, breathless. I shook my head, furrowing my eyebrows.

"You alright?" I wondered, and he laughed.

"Not really," he sighed. I thought back a few minutes, cringing.

"Were you the one out there. . ." I couldn't decide which word to use.

"Being sick? Yeah," he sighed, and I hoped he wouldn't do it on me.

"Y-you're good now, though?" I asked. I had never dealt with barfing well.

"Yeah-" He cut off, looking sick again, and I panicked. He started to barf, and a scream started to come out of me, but when I heard his laugh, I hit him in the arm quicker than he could blink.

"Idiot," I laughed, glad it wasn't real. He laughed too, making me feel better.

"Are you guys fishing?" a guy asked us, and I nodded quickly. He handed me some bait, and I walked out, looking for a place to fish off the edge of the boat. I made sure no one was behind me, flinging my line out into the sparkling water.

When the same blonde appeared beside me, I was a little relieved. I was glad I would have someone to talk to, maybe get to know. I was also glad he would have somewhere to puke if he needed to.

"I'm the best on this boat, you know," he spoke up, and I laughed.

"I doubt it," I smiled, feeling a slight tug on my line. I left it, waiting to see if there was a bigger tug.

"I am," he said again, and I reeled in a decent sized fish. After I had shown it off to him, I threw it back.

"You wanna bet?" I asked, and he immediately nodded.

"Fifty bucks says I catch the biggest fish," he smirked, giving me his hand to shake. I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever," I groaned, and he chuckled.

"I'm Niall, by the way," he told me, and I nodded.

"Roisín." He threw his line out, humming briefly.

"Pretty name," he commented, and I knew he was just kissing up to me.

We fished for three hours, going from place to place.

He caught nothing.

They announced it was the last place before heading back, and he was angry.

"If I don't catch anything, I swear," he said to himself through gritted teeth. I laughed, pulling back a clean hook.

"I'm looking forward to my fifty bucks," I smiled, seeing the sun setting behind us. He gave me a glance, focusing on fishing. We were silent for a long while when suddenly we both were pulled to the edge of the boat by fish. We struggled to reel them in, and I prayed he hadn't gotten a really big one. No one had caught one longer than a foot.

When he finally pulled it up, I saw that there were two hooks in its mouth, and I wasn't struggling anymore. I reeled in the rest of my line, seeing that both of our hooks were inside the huge fish's mouth.

His excitement quickly turned sour, and he glared at me as the same bait guy came and was in awe.

"We both had to struggle to pull it out of the water," I laughed, and he took a picture of it.

"It was mostly me though," Niall said bitterly. I rolled my eyes, shaking my head.

When he reluctantly tossed it back in, he sighed.

"You owe me twenty five. Half," he spoke firmly. I chuckled, feeling the boat start back towards shore.

"No, actually, I owe you dinner. I think you'll want that more," I smirked knowingly.

"Why's that?" he asked, right before he leaned over to puke off the side of the boat.

.

.

thanks to _That_Crazy_Fangirl_ for requesting! So sorry for wait but I hope you liked it!

I hope you guys are enjoying these :) Thank you for reading!

Mel xx

a lot of ocean talk today huh