Our Game (Request)

I felt a little anxious as I walked up to the area where I would be holding my meet and greet. VidCon was one of my favorite places to be even though it only happened once a year. And since it was my first time going as a special guest, a YouTuber, it was even more special.

I waved to everyone who was waving at me, seeing fellow YouTubers around me already having begun their meet and greets. I was thrown in quickly, seeing that my line was quite long. I'd only done one meet and greet before that day, but it had been a wonderful experience. And that day was no different.

Each person who came to me had something wonderful to tell me or to give me, making my day a little brighter. As the hours went on, I was getting a little tired, but my manager, Ollie, held it down. He kept me awake and alive, also helping take the pictures with all of the people who wanted to meet me for some reason.

Only 17 minutes before I would get to eat something and take a break, a guy my age walked up to me.

"Hi," I smiled, my smile having already been sown into my cheeks from doing it so much.

"Hello," he grinned, his smile captivating. I don't think I'd met a more attractive viewer, but I wouldn't let that outweigh why he was there.

Pulling me into a hug, I closed my eyes, having done that with every person. I loved hugs, that guy giving the best kind, the kind where the accompanied squeeze makes me feel wonderful.

I let go, posing for a picture with him quickly.

"What's your name?" I wondered, turning off some of the high-pitchedness in my voice since he was my age. Most of the people who'd previously hugged me had been younger than me.

"Niall," he spoke, and I nodded, smiling.

"I like it, I like it," I spoke, chuckling along with him. For a few seconds, he stared at the ground, his hands in his pockets.

"I just want to thank you for doing what you do," he started, and I blinked graciously as he looked up at me. I loved when people poured out their hearts.

"Thank you," I let out quietly, seeing that he wasn't done.

"The amount of effort you put in has inspired me to really work for my degree in uni, and I just wanted you to know that," he exhaled, and I let my heart smile, too.

"Thank you so much," I sighed, glad I was of some help. He nodded once more, making sure he had gotten his phone back from Ollie and giving me a smile. As he walked away, I smiled to myself, thinking I'd never met such a sweet guy. I looked back just before he disappeared, his eyes turning to meet mine. Our gazes seemed to be caught on each other, and I found myself raising my voice to reach him.

"Did you want to say something else?" I wondered, seeing the unfinished air resonating around him but also wanting to talk a little more.

"Yeah, actually," he grinned, quickly walking back towards me. "There's a game I wanted to teach you." I immediately looked at Ollie, seeing his eyebrows low on his forehead.

"It'll be fine," I mouthed to him, and he rolled his eyes. I looked back to Niall, watching the energy in his steps back to me.

"I'll be quick," he spoke softly, but loud enough for me to hear over the line of people waiting behind him.

"Okay," he breathed, taking position in front of me. "First, you'll need to close your eyes." I raised an eyebrow at him. He chuckled, shaking his head.

"I'm doing it, too," he coaxed, and I let my eyes fall shut. "Now take my hands," he instructed, slipping his palms against my own immediately.

I began to wonder to myself what kind of game it was, a little distracted by the fact that his hands were so firm and warm underneath my own.

"Now I want you to think of three of your favorite things. I'll number them for you, from three to one," he spoke gently. I nodded to both of us, breathing in as I began to run through the giant list of things I loved.

"Okay," I let out, feeling his hands tighten against mine just a little.

"Three," he started, and I smiled. It was definitely bacon. There were better things, but that always belonged on a list of my favorite things.

"Two." I thought about the smell and warmth of freshly washed and dried towels, partly influenced by the temperature of his hands. It was distracting.

"One." I struggled a little with that last one, thinking about his hands too much and having to rush.

Oh, uh, probably the feeling of --

When I felt lips against mine, matching the warmth and texture of his hands, rough but soothing, I let my eyes pop open with surprise. The screams of those waiting behind him made me curl into my own brain, alarmed by the strings of emotions whirling in my mind. One of the ones I caught sight of was happiness, coupled with the thought that it did feel really nice.

He let go, being shoved by Ollie's rising voice. I let my eyes and mouth stay wide open, watching as he hurried off. Just like the first time, before he left we got stuck on each other.

Niall grinned at me, letting the words fall from his lips that had just touched mine that I would never need to forget.

"That's our game! Don't play it with anyone else!"

.

.

thanks to pinkval0610 for requesting! sorry for the wait, but I hope you liked it!

trying to update at least once a day everyday this week! so far so good!

i love you all a lot lsdgjnlsdjgnlsdjgn

Mel xxxxxx

p.s. my mom found out who i like oughgjsldngljsdnglj