Jealous (Request)

I was always trying to make sure I never seemed jealous around him, but that didn't mean I wasn't always secretly wondering and seething. 

On one of the nights of his tour, I couldn't make it because without those extra hours at work, I wouldn't be able to support my lonely, though few and far between, nights without Niall where I felt like I needed to be out of the house and spending some sort of money. But in doing so, I was alone at the house again. 

Executing some self-control, I stayed home. I was planning on watching a movie, probably something I'd already seen a thousand times. 

But that stupid jealously kicked in once again when I remembered Niall talking about his new friend, a girl, he'd met a few weeks ago. I had listened and smiled, but he seemed to be investing a lot of his emotions into her. As for me, he'd seemed quite distant lately. 

I tried to block all of that out, switching on the television. The news was on, but I started scrolling through my recordings to look and see which movie sounded good. 

When I heard his name, I immediately went back to the news, seeing what I had always dreaded. 

"Who is this Melody that Niall has been spending so much time with?" That was her name. Melody. The picture of him looking so intently at her made me want to burst, but I controlled myself and kept my emotions inside like I'd kept myself at home that night. 

I told myself that Niall was just excited to have another girl to talk to without having a relationship with her, but that didn't make me any less jealous. 

I couldn't bring myself to turn the channel to that movie I'd planned on watching, but I felt like a time-bomb. 

When the door opened, sometime late in the night, I jumped awake, the television still on. I saw him in the doorway, and I wondered if that smile on his face wasn't just because he was finally home. 

"Hey, babe," he sighed, shaking the rain from his hair. I stood up, turning off the television, and contemplating what I would say. My brain ran faster than it could, my eyes glued to him as I thought her as well. 

"Did I wake you up?" he wondered, briefly grabbing my waist and kissing my cheek but seeming distracted. 

"Yeah," I sighed, and my brain imagined Niall kissing Melody just like that. I didn't want to be in the dark anymore, so I turned around, watching him walk into the kitchen, before I finally let it all out. 

"What's better about her?" I asked, and he looked over at me with tired eyes. 

"Who?" I wished he would cut the crap. I didn't ask for any of it. 

"Melody. The one you can't stop talking about or hanging out with or being on the news with?" I spoke harshly, my jaw tensing, and he furrowed his eyebrows at me. 

"You mean my friend?" he spoke softly. I chuckled, feeling my stomach tighten itself into knots. Did he know that I knew she was more than that? 

"Seems like an awful lot more than friendship," I scoffed, and he nervously put his hands in his pockets. I felt like that confirmed a lot. 

"I thought you loved me because you could tell me everything. I thought you picked me because you could get lost in my eyes. I thought I was the one you wanted to hold at night!" I exclaimed, getting louder with each syllable. 

"I don't understand why you're spending so much time with her!" I finally got out, my hands in fists and my eyes wide. He looked terrified, and I kind of felt bad. But if he was that afraid of me, then maybe he really didn't love me. 

"I need to go," he barely choked out. I watched him slip on the shoes he'd just taken off, his hand shaking as he reached for the doorknob. And one last question slipped out of my mouth.

"Is Melody waiting for you?" I heard the door click closed, and I didn't know what to feel as I saw him turn around. 

"Melody went to college for psychology. I thought, since I was so nervous, that I could talk to her. With all of the paparazzi sneaking photos of us together, it only made me more nervous. But she listened, so I talked. I know you think that it's more than that, but it's really not," he spoke quickly, his face pale.  

"Why does it have to be her?" I wondered again, still confused as to why the choice of her even existed in his eyes. "I'm right here when you come home." 

"It has to be her because it can't be you," he told me, his voice gaining volume. That sent me over another edge, my eyes wanting to fill with tears.

"Why not?!" I shouted, and that finally got some emotion of out him. 

"Goshdangit, this isn't how I wanted to do this!" he exclaimed, his face becoming red with frustration, and I completely agreed with him until he reached into his pocket and pulled out a little box.

Thrusting it towards me, he inhaled quickly, looking down and away from my own eyes. 

"I didn't know how or when to do this, and the thought of getting it wrong was so nerve-wracking to me!" he shouted, and I felt my brain finally stop sprinting full speed ahead so I could listen to him. 

"She was helping me plan and get things ready so that you could be surprised and happy, but then it had to make the news that we were always together, and--" he spoke, letting out a few curse words when he couldn't think anymore. 

I realized it all then, knowing what was in the box and why it couldn't be me to help him. And it made me so happy. 

"Go ahead and slap me, Waleska," he spoke, looking defeated. But when he finally looked into my eyes again, I was crying. I held my hand out to receive the box, not quite ready to open it. 

"I deserve it, don't I?" he sighed, and I guess I didn't look as ecstatic as I felt. I reached up to touch his face lightly enough to get his attention. When I grinned at him, I think he got it because the hug he trapped me in was bone-crushing and I didn't even care. 

The only thing I cared about then was being the one he could vent to, and how freaking adorable it was that he was so nervous to ask me to marry him. 

.

.

thanks to WaleskaRomo for requesting this! So sorry for the wait, but I hope you like reading it as much as I liked writing it!

aw man it felt so good to write this in under an hour but it probably has like 2 million errors lol

I LOVE YOU ALL SO FREAKING MUCH AND I WANT TO WRITE ALL YOUR IMAGINES RIGHT NOW but imma freaking eat cuz i'm starving

was this one not cute or am i just 

BYE 

Mel (a freaking dork) xx