Honeymoon (Request)

I woke up in the middle of the night in bed. As I blinked the drowse from my eyes, my gaze got caught on the window frame, the light almost white against the reflection of the moon.

I gave a glance to Niall, seeing him still asleep in the bed and feeling my sleepy heart flutter. He looked so content to have been sleeping for the first time there beside me, and I was glad that had been the way I'd felt, too.

Letting my feet hit the cold floor, I moved into the hallway leading towards the kitchen. Staring out at the palm trees by the ocean, I felt extremely happy, almost so much that it felt fake. The honeymoon spot Niall had picked had been just what we'd both wanted; sun, sand, and waves. Hawaii was a beautiful place.

I heard Niall begin to snore, realizing I was grinning. I continued towards the kitchen, probably having been woken up from all the thinking I'd done and wanted to do. I had a plan for that honeymoon, more than having fun and celebrating our marriage. I planned to somehow tell Niall that I was pregnant. I wanted it to be more than a simple conversation. I wanted to be memorable.

And that night, I figured out something that was just the way I wanted it to be. I made sure everything was in place, feeling a little too excited as I slipped back into bed.

So, typical, I couldn't fall back asleep, so I laid there next to him, planning out exactly how it would all go. Just before dawn broke, I was finally content with my plan.

I let my over-heated brain rest, snuggling up to Niall and feeling his hands twitch at my touch. I closed my eyes, and before I knew it, I'd fallen asleep against him.

When I woke again, Niall had pulled me into him, and he was awake as well. My brain turned on almost immediately, knowing what I need to do because I'd gone over it so much in my head only a few hours earlier.

"I'm thinking of making some breakfast," I started, stretching out of his embrace only to melt right back into it afterwards.

"Do you want help?" he wondered, and I smiled for many reasons, one of which being that I'd been right that he would ask exactly that.

"It would be nice," I breathed, watching his eyes travel towards my lips and closing the gap. My heart woke up completely, warmed and stirred by him. I let go, slipping from the covers once more.

I walked towards the kitchen as I had only a few hours previous as well, only glancing at the scenery because my excited anxiety was taking over.

I dug through our supply of food, seeing what we had to make sure I'd planned correctly. Even after hours of doing so, I still needed to assure myself.

He took a few moments in the bathroom, then padded into the kitchen. I began getting out everything, grinning with anticipation.

"Could you get the cinnamon rolls from the fridge?" I asked politely, trying not to make it sound so scripted.

"Sure," he complied, walking to the fridge as I tried to contain my excitement. I really hoped he'd like the way I wanted to tell him.

He grabbed the rolls from fridge as I began to beat eggs in a bowl.

"Do we have a tray for these?" he wondered, staring at the package as he walked forwards and opened a few cupboards to look through them. I blinked, staring at him.

"Up," I guided him, helping him reach up one cupboard to the right one where the pans and such were. I'd opened that cupboard many times when I'd been planning.

As usual, Niall always forgot to turn the oven on, reading the temperature out loud to himself but never remembering to actually do it. I snickered to myself as I watched him set them on the tray and as I continued making scrambled eggs and bacon.

I feel my stomach twist in a knot as he grabbed the tray to go and put them in the oven. He opened the door, his shoulders slumping when he realized that he hadn't even turned it on. He closed the door once more, making my eyes widen. Had he not seen it?

He set the temperature, blinking a few times before opening the oven once more.

"What's this?" he asked, taking it out. Once again, I kicked myself into position, the need to get this perfect overwhelming.

"What does it look like?" I asked nonchalantly, turning back to finish up the eggs.

"It's a hamburger bun, but why is that?" he wondered, and I took the pan off the burner.

"And it was in the oven?" I confirmed, and he sighed.

"Yeah," he nodded, looking at me. I waved him on like he should have known what I meant.

"Put it all together now," I coaxed, blinking at him. He furrowed his eyebrows at me.

"Did you do this?" I shrugged a little, knowing that would give it away for the final reveal.

"Put it together," I said again, and he looked even more concentrated.

"A hamburger bun in the oven?" he said dubiously, looking back up at me. I nodded.

"Now take out the hamburger," I smiled, hoping this would be it.

"A plain bun in the oven?" He shook his head, squinting back down at what is left for him.

"Take out plain," I spoke, too excited that I almost sounded impatient.

"A bun in the oven?" he wondered. I felt my heart explode, waiting for his reaction.

He just stared at me, and I grabbed one of his hands, placing it against my nervous stomach.

"There's a bun in the oven," I whispered, finally helping it to click in his brain.

Dropping the bun, he pulled me into a hug, he didn't even bother saying anything more than what I'd wanted to say to him the moment I'd found out.

"I love you."

.

.

thanks to kdcorriher for requesting! I hope you liked it!

I'm sorry for the lack of updates! I'm getting on that!

I love you all and thank you for your patience!

Mel xx