Hurt (Request)

I ran up to Niall with a smile, my upper arm pulsing a little. I wished I hadn't worn a sleeveless dress. I didn't want him to be mad when he'd just been having a lot of fun.

"You did great up there!" I told him, and he turned to see me, his body slightly bent from exhaustion. He'd been so energetic up on stage.

"Thanks, babe," he smiled back, quickly dropping the expression when he saw my arm. "What happened?" He lifted my arm gently to look at the bruise forming.

"Oh," I chuckled a little nervously, looking down at it instead of at him. "I was out in the crowd, and, ah, what did she say?" I thought out loud, trying to remember back. "Something about being rude to you, I think, and then she grabbed me and pushed me quite hard. I didn't think I'd bruise this quickly, or at all," I told him, seeing him let my arm go. He rubbed the back of his neck.

"Wasn't someone with you?" he asked, and I remembered back to all those times when I'd been told by him to have a guard with me when I went into the crowds to watch them perform.

"Oh, no, Niall," I sighed, shrugging. "That's a bother to other people." He furrowed his eyebrows, twisting his lips.

"Not if it saves you from being hurt," he countered, and I shook my head.

"I'll be fine. I'm always safe about it," I told him, stepping closer to him to try to tell him that I really was okay.

"Obviously not this--" He was interrupted by someone reminding him that we needed to leave so that they could start cleaning up the arena. I waited for him to say more to me and get angrier, but he just took my hand, and we went back to the hotel.

We hung out, ordered some room service, and my bruise only got more purple as the night went on and I waited for him to bring it up again. We were headed to bed when I looked at my arm for a little too long as I was changing.

"It's not hard to ask someone to go with you," he spoke up, and I sighed, sliding a shirt over my head.

"Niall, really. It's fine," I tried to tell him. "If I need someone, I'll get someone."

"But I couldn't stand it if you were to get seriously hurt," he replied, staring at me as he stood next to the bed like I was.

"And if I did, you would have to deal with it," I told him, starting to get a little annoyed. I put away my clothes, hearing him stay quiet for a few seconds.

"I don't want that to happen," he spoke angrily, and I turned to tell him off, ready to let out the words I'd not wanted to say in any kind of rude way until then. But he rushed forward, somewhat angrily grabbing me and pulling me against him. I didn't try to get away, caught off guard. I hadn't known what he was going to do, but I didn't think it would've been that.

"Niall--" I started, stopping when he squeezed me a little tighter.

"Am I hurting you?" he asked me quickly, his anger nearly completely subsided, waiting for my reply. I didn't know exactly what to say, but the answer was no. He'd gotten that much from my silence. "Then let me stay like this for a while longer." I blinked a few times, wondering how long he would hold me there, his arms under mine, my hands dangling over his back. My feet were slightly off the ground, our chests touching. After a while, I focused on the rhythm of his breathing, seeing how it was slower than mine.

I heard him take a sharp inhale, opening my eyes when I hadn't even realized they'd been closed so comfortably.

"I can't bear to see you get hurt," he whispered softly, the words barely reaching my ears. I let out a long sigh, feeling him tense slightly.

"I would get someone to protect me," I spoke, surprised when he pulled away to hear me better. The air got stuck in my throat halfway down, but I smiled anyway. I stared into his eyes for a few seconds, remembering that I hadn't finished my sentence when I saw the confusion in them.

"But I already have you."

.

.

thanks to kalipierson02 for requesting! I hope you liked it, and I'm so sorry for the wait!

i love you guys so much! one year ago yesterday, I hit 200k on my first imagines book, and if I hadn't stopped updating for such a long time these past couple of months, I'd probably be past that with this book. and then only a few weeks later i hit 300k. isn't that amazing?

i'm going to work harder, really. i woke up at two this morning and stayed up for 24 hours straight the other day to get work done. it's so wonderful when you guys see my work and love it like i love you guys. it's truly a blessing in my life to have this. i want to work to keep it.

I love you all! have a wonderful day, and don't give up on your dreams.

Melody xx