Wonderful (Request)

I don't know how it caught my eye so easily, but Niall's new tattoo almost made me stop in my tracks in the middle of the hallway. I thought it was really pretty, all of those notes on his arm. Usually I was against tattoos, but I came to like them on him.

Niall seemed like a nice kid, he just held it all under that intimidating figure of his. But his smile was what gave him away.

Later that day, I found time to talk to him.

"Hi," I spoke up, blinking at him as he stood at his locker. He furrowed his eyebrows towards me, but I smiled right back.

"I noticed you got a new tattoo." He still looked confused, glancing down at his arm before grabbing a textbook and closing his locker. I leaned against another one, signaling that wasn't all I had to say.

"What does it mean?" I asked softly, seeing him grow a little annoyed.

"I have to get going," he told me, turning to walk away. I stepped in front of him, a little forceful but for some reason determined to get an answer.

"You can't fail lunch by being late," I reminded him, watching his annoyance turn to a glare.

"It's just music notes," he shrugged, and I sighed.

"But why did you get them?" I urged, watching his expression soften a little.

"I want to play the guitar," he finally got out, and I nodded him on. He paused, getting a little annoyance back in his eyes. "Why are you doing this? Was it a dare?" I bit my tongue from laughing, standing a little straighter.

"If I ever get a tattoo," I started, trying to help him understand that I was being genuine. "I would get it right here." I outlined the inside of my right ring finger, leaving the left ring finger for a ring when I was older. I glanced up at him, seeing him watch my fingers move.

"And it would be of a brain, I think," I thought out-loud, not having thought about it much until I noticed Niall lately. "Because I want to learn as much as I can." I looked back up at him, watching his eyes meet mine, and he moved a few feet backwards.

"Well," he spoke, and I furrowed my eyebrows. "That makes me feel really stupid."

"What?" I let out, blinking rapidly and trying to understand.

"You have this amazing idea for a tattoo that means so much, and I have 20 or so that mean a whole lot less than that," he chuckled, sighing. I opened my mouth to speak, being interrupted by him once more.

"You dreams seem like so much. . ." He trailed off as he searched for the word, his eyes travelling the air like he would find it above him.

"So much more than mine," he continued. "Right now, all I want to do is master the guitar, but you-" He stopped, putting a hand over his face for a second and then removing it. "It just makes me feel really small," he shrugged, leaving us to stare at each other in silence for a few seconds.

"Oh," I let out, seeing him turn away for a few seconds and cough. I hadn't meant to make his dreams feel invalid, only trying to help him speak up. And I still wanted to do that.

"What kind of guitar do you have?" I started, seeing his face open up, his eyes brightening.

I watched as he opened his mouth to speak, fighting back a smile.

My mother always told me that behind every locked door there's something wonderful waiting for you. I liked to think that was true.

I looked at the guy in front of me with fresh eyes, watching just as he began to grin, not holding back anymore.

Suddenly, my heart pulsed so loudly in my chest that it made me dizzy, making me take a step back. I looked at him as a whole in front of me, one thought returning to my disoriented, fuzzy head.

He's wonderful.

.

.

thanks to _SociallyStupid_ for requesting! I'm glad you liked it :) 

I hope you all liked it. Sorry for not updating yesterday. I'm getting a second update up today as well

If you haven't already, check out my third book!

Love you guyyyysssss

Mel x