Idiot (Request)

The horse show was stressing me out completely, but the only thing I could do right then was go to the stables and pet my horse, Levi. I was completely decked out in a sweet costume, but the makeup was a little excessive. We were required to dress up for the show, but I was more focused on the part that mattered.

Everyone was bringing their horses to the area where we were being judged, and I breathed as normally as I could. The knots in my stomach only tightened as I pulled Levi along with all the other contestants.

I remembered I was supposed to have met Niall over by the bleachers, but I had completely forgotten. That fact only added to the nerves as I waited patiently for it to be my turn.

When it was my time, I made sure everything was in place. They led my horse into the arena of sorts, and I twisted my lips as I searched for Niall. I saw his smile before I realized it was him, giving him a small wave before letting out an 'ow' as the judges looked over my paperwork.

What am I sitting on? Something poked at me from inside my back pocket, and I quickly whipped it out before my time started.

I was about to throw it off from where I sat on my horse, ready to show off, but then it sparkled. The ring that rested in my palm surprised me more than anything. I wondered if my mom had left it in the costume, since she had let me borrow it, but then I saw my name engraved on the inside.

They closed the gates behind me, so I couldn't go that way. So as soon as I jumped off my horse, someone yelled at me, and I began running. I sprinted towards the bleachers, my tears of joy offsetting my course just a tad. I slipped the ring on the appropriate finger so I didn't lose it as I vaulted the fence and tried to spot him. He met me where we were originally supposed to meet before the show, and I let out an ecstatic sob.

"What the heck do you think you're doing? First you didn't meet me here and then you ditch the one thing you've been practicing for all this time?" he yelled at me as I stopped in front of him, gesturing to the judges freaking out.

I breathed quickly, shaking my head at him with a grin I couldn't suppress. His expression softened as a tear fell.

"Michelle?" he called quietly. I lifted my left hand to show him the ring I had found, and his face turned red.

"So that's where I left that," he realized. I hugged him him even though he was massive, forgetful idiot.

.

I held up the dress I was about to put on when Niall walked in. He was still in sweatpants and a t-shirt, but I could have married him like that without question.

"Hey! Get out!" I exclaimed, throwing the dress down and going to push him out of the room. "You're not supposed to see me in my dress yet!" He grabbed my wrists and diffused the force I had put on his shoulders.

"You're not in it yet," he smirked, walking further into the room. I fumed with a small smile, pushing my hair out my face.

"I'm nervous," I sighed, seeing him turn around and looked worried.

"Me too, but we shouldn't be. It's just a party with a few friends and a few kisses," he smiled, kissing my cheek quickly.

"Whatever," I chuckled, rolling my eyes. I glanced at the dress, picking it up and laying over the back of the couch.

"This stupid thing has pockets, you know?" I snickered, pointing to the dress as I went back to stand by Niall. He shrugged, making me laugh again.

"What would I need to put in there?" He shrugged once more, sticking a finger in the pocket of the dress.

"Important things," he commented, and I shook my head.

"Like what? What could be that important that you would need it during the ceremony?" I wondered, looking for his opinion because I had nothing.

He was still turned away from me, seeming to be looking out the window at the beautiful beach we were getting married on in only a few hours.

"Vows," he spoke, and I furrowed my eyebrows. "Because I still haven't memorized them," he added, twisting to give me a guilty look over his shoulder. My eyes widened at his idiocy, but I smiled wider than ever.

I took his hand, pulling him to the door and wanting to laugh.

"Hurry and memorize them, idiot!" I exclaimed, watching him stumble out the door. He glanced at me as the wind flowed through his hair.

"You always seem to call me an idiot when we talk about marriage or anything related," he said, and I sighed out.

"I am marrying an idiot," I shrugged, watching him like I would never see him like that again. "Go!" He laughed, pressing a surprisingly quick yet passionate kiss to my lips before running off.

Idiot.

.

.

thanks to mnh0826 for requesting! so so so so sorry for the wait but I hope you like it!

i love you all so much and this may be tmi but i cried myself to sleep last night because i'm a sad and despicable human but then i came home from the mall today with new stuff and a commitment to writing two imagines tonight in two hours before the ball drops (sorry to those for which it's already 2015)

i love you all so so so much and without you i would probably be dead by now and i can't thank you enough

hillary, i'm gonna write you a new year's note three times as long as yours as soon as i'm done xx

kay come back please

ONE MORE IMAGINE COMING YOUR WAY I HAVE AN HOUR AND A HALF

Mel xxxxx