Beat (Request)

I bashed my heart out, proud that I had never had trouble with that part of the song. They began to sing, and I calmed down, knowing I would get through it just fine.

There was only one part I could never get, but I had found no time to practice it.

Playing the drums for One Direction was actually really fun. It should have been nerve racking but messing up was all I worried about.

Alive had a lot of drum in it, probably the most of all the songs, so I figured that was why it gave me trouble.

I continued with the beat, keeping my breathing steady and hitting everything perfectly.

When I tried to do the next part, the part I could never get, I messed up worse than all the times before. I just couldn't move fast enough and keep the flow.

I looked up at the guys, seeing their annoyance. My heart stopped; I loved working with them, but if I couldn't do my job, I would surely have to leave.

I saw Niall walking over to me as the rest of the band cut the music. My cheeks were red from concentration and embarrassment, so I ducked my head. Luckily, Niall didn't look too disappointed.

"I've noticed you can never get that," he commented, placing a hand on the back on my chair.

I twisted my lips, nodding.

"I'm sorry," I sighed, shaking my head. He chuckled lightly, bending down so our eyes met.

"Let me help," he smiled, surprising me. I thought he would kick me out immediately.

"O-okay," I stammered, and he took the drum sticks as I moved to let him sit. He made sure I was watching, then pounded it out slowly.

"Just like that," he nodded, and I tilted my head. He made it look easy. It sounded so simple when he went slow.

"One, two, three, one-two-three-four," he played out slowly once more, and I sped it up in my brain.

"You play the drums?" I wondered, seeing him shrug shortly after.

"I dabble," he smirked, glancing up at me before changing the subject. "You try," he offered, handing me the sticks. I sat down, repeating the rhythm a few times and a little faster than he had.

"You can do it," he said, shrugging like it wasn't a big deal. He went to touch my shoulder reassuringly, but his hand swept the hair on my shoulder into my face. He blushed at the small mistake, while I hoped I wouldn't make another huge one.

"Are we ready for one last rehearsal before the show tonight?" Liam called, emphasizing how much time we had left. I breathed out as we began, thinking about the overall rhythm of the whole song.

I did great the first half, feeling my fingers start to shake as the bridge approached.

I heard the rhythm in my head, seeing Niall look my way. I took a huge breath, tapping my foot to the underlying beat and hearing the beat beforehand, and I finally got it. I was the only one making noise in that moment, hitting the drums and impressing myself more than anyone.

Niall pretended to be dancing, only to turn and give me the biggest grin, the proudest smile anyone had given me.

And the butterflies in my stomach right then flapped to the beat of my heart.

.

.

the ending was kind of lame but when aren't they xD

thanks to ugh_why_a_drummer for requesting! so sorry for the wait but i hope you liked it!

THANKS FOR READING! my 200th part on my first was posted yesterday and i cried for the whole night and your comments were so sweet and i'm going to reread all of them right so i can cry again

I love you all so much and i will fight to make myself better at this and not give up

Mel xx