Concrete (Request)

I knew she would probably forgive me for being late, but I didn't want to make Melody wait. We had been planning that lunch together for over two weeks. We hadn't been able to see each other in quite some time.

But things went a little downhill.

I was walking like any other person on that sidewalk when suddenly I couldn't move my feet. I noticed everyone else was a good distance away from me, and I was getting a few lingering stares.

I looked down, only to find my shoes sinking into the sidewalk. I instantly saw the sign in front of me, warning civilians of the wet concrete. My cheeks reddened slowly as I bit on my cheek.

How am I gonna get out of this one? I wondered to myself, quickly looking up as I heard laughter from someone.

He was standing at the entrance to a shop, just having come out of it, almost toppling over because he was laughing so hard.

"How did you manage that?" he barely got out through his fits of laughter. I blushed harder, probably making my face redder than his was from all his chortling.

"Are you gonna help me?" I spoke, softer than I'd planned. He controlled himself, walking over to me and reaching out his hands. He picked me up under the shoulders, lifting me out without a problem.

When he put me down on the sidewalk, I realized I only had socks on.

"My shoes!" I exclaimed, annoyed that the concrete was so persistent on making me late. Without another word, that blonde stranger tried his hardest to get my shoes. When he ended up stuck, knees in the wet concrete, our roles were flipped, and I was trying my hardest to control my laughter.

He sighed, threw my shoes onto the sidewalk, and glanced at me.

"You gonna help me now?" he wondered, and I could only shake my head. I didn't know why it was so funny, but I guess that was payback for him laughing at me.

He seemed to relax right there, his eyes locked on me. I finished laughing, wiping my eyes since I'd nearly been crying from laughing so hard.

I looked down at him, smiling at the fact that he was stuck once more, when we both spoke up. It was uncanny that we spoke and said the exact same thing, but maybe the emotions behind those words weren't so uncanny.

"I could stay like this for a while," we both spoke, surprised at each other. I guess I was so dumb that just like I'd missed the 'wet concrete' signs, I missed the workers walking up as well.

They asked us what we were doing, but we had both had each other on our minds and not any clever words.

When the cops came, I knew that Melody would be waiting for a long time.

.

.

thanks to KayEatsPotatoes for requesting this! I hope you liked it and sorry for the wait!

I love you all, and look! another update WHOOP

I hope you all liked it, and I hope you're enjoying my updates :)

I finally have motivation this is wonderful

Mel xx