Mean Something (Request)

He was gone. Off having fun, off singing his heart out, but at least he was in my phone. Texts messages increased, and his phone calls always seemed to make my night. His voice was a mixture of tired but excited after shows, and I think that was what made them so special to me. He always sounded so happy. Sometimes he sounded so happy from over that phone that I wondered if he really ever wanted to come home. 

I missed him. That was a fact that I wanted to deal with, and I guess the other guys were willing to help me. 

So there I was, finding myself hiding in an empty cupboard in their tour bus, waiting for them to arrive back from their show that night. I was crouching on the ground, breathing a little too fast considering they weren't even within hearing range. 

Louis said they all sat down and talked for a while, and the area that they did that was only a few feet away from me. I could feel the silence in the air, getting a little tired of waiting. I sat down on my bum, pushing the door open a little with the tips of my shoes. Just as I did so, the door to the bus popped open, scaring me half to death. I brought my feet in as close as I could, making the cupboard door close once more. I heard them talking and laughing, filtering through all the voices and finding Niall's. He sounded so happy, as usual. I smiled there in the dark, wondering what the difference in our happiness would be when I surprised him. I didn't know if he really needed me anymore. I didn't know if I would mean something to him anymore. 

They all sat and had some food, I think. It was hard to hear through the door. But when everyone got quieter and people started to leave the guys alone, I pushed open the door just a crack, enough to hear their voices. 

"Crap," I heard Niall say, and I furrowed my eyebrows. Had he dropped something? "I miss T." I let my smile come, wanting to tell him I missed him, too. Not yet. 

"I'm sorry," Liam sighed, and I pushed the door open a little more, not quite able to perfectly hear him.

"I'm sure you'll see her soon," Louis reassured him, and just then, I moved my foot in a way so that the cupboard closed on its own, not slamming but making enough noise for them to notice. I clamped my teeth together, trying to be as quiet as possible. They didn't seem to notice too much, but it sure as heck made my heart race. I listened as hard as I could, hearing Niall say something about going to bed. 

I realized that was probably my chance, so I waited until his footsteps were gone. I pushed out of the cupboard, seeing all of their eyes on me. I quietly walked over and sat on the couch, sighing. 

"Are you gonna go see him?" Liam wondered, and I nodded, just opening my eyes to look at him when I heard Niall's footsteps again. I panicked, grabbing Liam's hand and rushing into the bathroom. He looked surprised as I breathed out my relief, locking the door. 

"I couldn't come in here alone, sorry," I chuckled quietly. Just when I thought I might have been safe, there was a knock on the door, startling both of us.

"Liam? I need to use the toilet when you're done," he spoke through the door. I felt like I was only going to hear him through doors. I was right. 

"Sure," he responded, raising his eyebrows at me. We searched for another hiding spot for me. The shower was glass, so when the small cupboard below the sink stood out, I took it. Another cupboard. 

I climbed inside quietly, cramped and just barely able to fit. I gave a nervous smile to Liam as he closed the door, opening the other and letting Niall in. I could only hear my heart beating in my ears as he used the toilet, my cheeks a little red at my minor invasion of his privacy. 

I heard the door close once more and saw the line of light through the door disappear. I waited for a second, Liam coming back in to let me out. I sighed, nodding a thanks to him. I stood up, breathing in shakily.

"I'm doing it," I whispered to all of them as I headed towards the bunk beds. I made my footsteps little louder, trying not to make it seem like I was being as cautious as I was. 

My heart jumped as he spoke up from behind a curtain. 

"Hey, you going to bed, too?" he asked, thinking I was one of the guys. I turned towards his bunk, my mouth not being able to move, not that I would be able to fake a guy's voice anyway. I walked forward, thinking that I would scare him. Right before I could open the curtain, he beat me to it. I don't really know how to describe all the things I felt right then. Surprise. Terror. Happiness. Anxiety. 

"Taylor?" he whispered, staring at me. He tried to sit up on the bed, only hitting head and making me start laughing just as he pulled half of his body out of the bed to kiss me. It felt so good to have his lips on mine once more after so long, so when he let go, I was shocked again. He jumped out of bed in an instant, all of it a blur as he pulled me into a gripping hug. I moved my arms so we could be even closer, closing my eyes as I felt his chest deflate against mine. 

I really hadn't expected him to be that happy, crushing me in his arms and going for the kiss first thing. Just as I was thinking about how I must have actually meant something, since those thoughts were still shaky, I heard his voice once more. I wasn't sure if he was crying or not, but either way it ade tears appear in my eyes, too.

"I missed you so much," he seemed to sob into my hair, his warmth and happiness seeping into me since we were so close to each other. 

I guess I really do mean something to him. 

.

.

thanks to Taylor1861 for requesting this! i hope you enjoyed it! 

i love you all! i just got surprised with a mini vacation, but I will get imagines out for those days, most hopefully! 

UGH I'M SO EXCITED LAJNGLDN HOPE YOU LIKED IT 

Mel xxxxxxxx