Happy (Request)

It had been a week, and I still couldn't tell him that I was pregnant. I could never find the words or the right time to mention it.

We walked into the museum that day, hand in hand, and I wasn't feeling too upset about it or anything. I was okay with forgetting about it as we went out for some fun.

The exhibits and different displays they had were really amazing, ranging from rocks and minerals to Native American longhouse reconstructions. While we were in that particular area, there was a display behind glass of mannequins of Native Americans. I looked around, amazed at how real they looked. I pointed to one with the hand that wasn't in Niall's.

"Look," I smiled widely, and he turned his head. I showed him the baby was learning to walk with it's mother.

"The baby?" he asked, and I nodded, putting my hand down.

"Isn't that cool?" I sighed, and he chuckled.

"Why's that?" he wondered, and I froze, becoming anxious for no reason.

"The baby is really cute," I shrugged, starting to walk away a little too quickly.

We walked through the whole museum, even being little kids again and going on the carousel on the third floor. Niall seemed a little distracted about something, mindlessly glancing at objects but always managing to stare at the ground for a while instead of the much more interesting displays. We later browsed through the gift shop, seeing a lot of cool but expensive items. We ended up deciding to go to lunch.

"Finally," I sighed as we walked outside. "I'm starved." His hand gripped mine a little tighter, and I furrowed my eyebrows, glancing over to see him already staring at me.

"I knew it!" he exclaimed, making me jump slightly. We stopped on the corner of the sidewalk, about to cross the street but obviously distracted.

"What?" I asked, very confused. He took my other hand in his, grinning widely.

"You're pregnant," he spoke, surprising me completely. My eyes shot open wider, my whole body tensing up. He nodded at me, letting go of my shaking hands to count on his fingers as he shocked me even more.

"You keep mentioning babies, you keep looking at kids clothes when we get groceries, and you've been eating more lately," he recited, and I wondered how long he'd been thinking about it. When had he noticed so much? "You're pregnant aren't you?" I bit down on the tip of my tongue, inhaling quickly but holding that breath as I took in how proud he looked of himself.

"How did you figure it out so easily?" I finally asked, and he looked more shocked than I felt.

"Wait, you're serious?" he asked me, and I was even more confused. I nodded quickly, not expecting that rollercoaster of emotions but watching it continue as he laughed out loud and pulled me into a hug. He let me go, spinning me around until we were both dizzy and laughing, and I was more relieved than I'd ever been.

He couldn't stop grinning like an idiot as he asked me, "Why didn't you tell me?" I was again a little lost for words.

"I thought you would be mad," I answered honestly, and he took my hand once more.

"We've been wanting this for so long, babe. I'd never be mad," he reminded me, and I sighed out, smiling as my heart pounded happily.

"I know," I exhaled, looking up at him.

"See now we're both smiling." That only made me grin wider, not able to stop feeling so relieved.

"And you're happy because I'm happy, and I'm happy because I'm a genius," he joked, making both of us laugh too loud and abit too long.

And we really were happy.

.

.

thanks to PriscillaHoran123 for requesting! I hope you liked it babe, but i'm so sorry for the wait!

i love you all so much and look this one was on time aw

HAVE A GREAT DAY BYEEE

Mel x