Giggles (Request)

I had already grown out of the clothes I had bought only that previous month, but I guess it wasn't hard to guess why when in half a month I would be in the hospital with a son.

Niall parked the car in the lot of our favorite store to make fun of; Slightly Pregnant.

"How can you only be slightly pregnant?" I wondered as we headed towards the door. I couldn't tell you how many times I'd said that while we passed the store.

"Maybe I only slightly exist, that's how strange the name of this store is," he shrugged, pulling open the door for me. I laughed. That was a new one.

"Hopefully this will be the last time I come here," I sighed, heading over to my regular section. He looked over at me, ready to help me look.

"You mean, for now, anyway," he smiled, and I blushed. We hadn't exactly planned on having children, but it'd always been something we'd both wanted. 

"Try to look for something comfortable, I guess. I won't be needing anything fancy," I shrugged, and he nodded. He knew mostly what I liked, so I assumed we'd get out of there quickly. 

I filed through the dresses, hearing Niall struggling to do something after a few minutes. When I looked over, he had managed to put on one of the dresses with the ugliest floral pattern. 

I started laughing, making him look over at me, covering my mouth so it wouldn't be so loud. 

"I'm trying to see if this would be comfortable," he defended himself, smiling subtly at my giggling. But that giggling turned to chortling quickly when he started to twirl, and I had to hold onto something so I wouldn't fall over. 

Something twisted wrong in my back from being bent that way, so I immediately stopped laughing, my eyes widened. I didn't want to hurt myself. 

"Jodie?" Niall called, rushing over to me. I shook my head, feeling the pain begin to pass, but looking up at him and seeing him so white faced only made me want to laugh more. 

"Is the baby coming?" he asked loudly, panicking. And that set me off again. It was probably extremely loud and annoying, but I couldn't help it. My hormones didn't help. 

"You should have seen your face!" I barely got out before laughing again and having to sink to the floor. When I looked up at him crouching down to meet my eyes, he only looked worried. Before I could say anything, he halted my hysteria with a sudden but welcome kiss. His lips remained on mine for longer than usual, confusing me. 

He pulled away quickly, smiling lightly at me there on the floor. 

"I needed to calm you down, babe." I blinked at him. "I don't need you hurting yourself or little James," he grinned, placing a hand on my belly. 

I nodded, understanding his concern. It had calmed me down, but when Niall looked down at himself, then back to me, neither one of us could contain our laughter. 

And James was quite a giggly little boy. 

.

.

thanks to jodiehoran1993 for requesting! so sorry for the wait, but I hope you liked it! 

lame ending? i don't know i'm really tired lol 

thank you all so much and I love you all for reading my crap and keeping with me all this time and it upsets me when i don't want to write but i'm really trying, lovelies 

new neighbor chapter out soon! 

Mel xx