Everlasting • Tony Stark✔️

By totsbreaux12

Lyra Redfield has been pushed around ever since she cut ties with the famous Anthony Stark. When fate happens... More

| introduction |
00 | reencounter
01 | happy hogan
02 | take care
03 | straddling
04 | malibu mansion
05 | jericho missile
06 | how to not dinner date
07 | lab living
08 | leaving
09 | missing in action
10 | cheeseburger
11 | no more weapons
12 | the arc reactor
13 | the suit
14 | the dance
15 | sector sixteen
16 | obadiah has gone crazy
17 | the end of obie
18 | i am iron man
19 | nicholas j. fury
20 | tony's request
21 | s.h.i.e.l.d.
22 | clint barton
23 | best friend
24 | hawkeye
25 | hey, jealousy
26 | missions
27 | expo marshals
28 | stern senator
29 | ceo potts
30 | new meetings
31 | bartons
32 | the party of doom
33 | romanoff
34 | vanko
35 | battle of the expo
36 | medal of honor
37 | simple
38 | mjölnir
39 | new year's drama
41 | captain america
42 | reindeer games
43 | thor
44 | finding the cube
45 | time bomb
46 | coulson is down
47 | the chitauri
48 | the missile
49 | rebuild later
50 | captain's advice
51 | lack of sleep
52 | aldrich killian
53 | nightmares
54 | the cliff
55 | extremis
56 | clean slate
57 | capsicle
58 | fury's death
59 | zola's algorithm
60 | the winter soldier
61 | regeneration
62 | helicarriers
63 | all uncovered
64 | problem
65 | the crazy uncles and aunts
66 | hulk out
67 | avenger baby
68 | strucker
69 | plastic
70 | ultron's revels
71 | ball of fire
72 | mind games
73 | safe house
74 | the maximoffs
75 | vision
76 | sokovia
77 | pietro
78 | three children
79 | simple life
80 | sokovia accords
81 | bombing
82 | bucky
83 | outside the law
84 | airport
85 | civil war
86 | the prison
87 | home
88 | pinky promise
89 | india
90 | pietro and wanda
91 | ferry welding
92 | spider man
93 | missing you guys
94 | thanos is coming
95 | squidward
96 | taking the fight to him
97 | guardians of the galaxy
98 | to fight thanos
99 | to lose everything
100 | twenty three days later
101 | fast forward
102 | time heist
103 | model rendered
104 | time travel
105 | when and where
106 | 2012, new york
107 | lyra redfield
108 | snap
109 | to fight thanos... again
110 | to gain everything back
111 | endgame
112 | celebrate
113 | family
114 | vision's body
115 | the end
| thank you |

40 | avengers initiative

12.5K 476 58
By totsbreaux12

THE beginning of the year had Tony and Lyra working hard on the arc reactor idea for the Stark Tower in New York. This meant that the pair were back in New York working in and around the Tower to make sure they had everything correct in their measurements. This was making Lyra's life easier with S.H.I.E.L.D. because she was able to get to D.C. faster for the small missions she was beginning to work in again. Fury wanted her to stay trained because he was finding some odd movements in the airways again, but he did not want to call her in for that until he was sure. She decided Fury was not telling her everything. But what was new?

As for the Captain that was unfrozen, she had heard from Barton that he was not taking the whole thing as well as they had hoped. She wanted to meet him one day—hopefully, offer some sort of comfort for the fact that he might have felt alone right then. She knew the feeling of loneliness, and she did not want this man to feel it because everyone he knew was dead.

Months later, Pepper had walked into Stark Tower with a grin on her face as she watched Tony and Lyra argue about something in the kitchen area on one of the higher-level floors.

"What is this about now?" Pepper asked with a smirk.

Tony jumped in surprise. "JESUS! Pep, announce yourself!"

"I did," Pepper said before glancing at Lyra's face. "What is this about?"

"Tony won't let me wear my suit to set the arc reactor in place. He wants me to work the control center, but I'm worried about screwing it up," Lyra said with a pout.

Pepper grinned. "Sorry, Ly. I agree with Tony on this one. You're setting it up now?"

Tony nodded like a happy puppy. "Jarvis, get my suit ready!" he called as he ran to the elevator. "Go to the command room, honey! Love you!"

Lyra pointed to Pepper. "You're supposed to be on my side," she said while changing her point into giving her the finger.

"I brought a new bottle of champagne I wanted you to try," Pepper offered, pointing to her large bag.

Lyra turned her middle finger to a heart as she gushed, "You know me so well," as she walked to the elevator and clicked the control room. "See you in a bit."

When Lyra made it to the control room, she sighed as everything was lit up with cameras and other buttons. She saw a security guard, and he waved at her happily since most of the staff knew who she was. She placed her glasses on as she called for Jarvis to connect to Tony's suit.

"Tone?" she asked.

Tony laughed. "I'm about to place it. Going under now."

She could see his suit fly underwater as she tapped her finger on the table.

"You're good on this end. The rest is up to you," Tony said after a moment. Lyra watched the lights flicker slightly.

"You disconnected the transition lines? Are we off the grid?"

"Stark Tower is about to become a beacon of self-sustaining clean energy," Tony said as he flew up to watch the Tower.

"Wow. So maybe our reactor takes over, and it actually works?" Lyra called as she pressed a few buttons on the control panel.

"I assume. Light her up." Lyra watched the lights flicker once more before they were brighter than before.

Lyra began to walk out. "How does it look?"

"Like Christmas, but with more... me," Tony said with a laugh.

"Pepper wants us to go wider on the public awareness campaign. You need to do some press. She'll be in D.C. tomorrow working on the zoning for the next three buildings. I have to call Fury—"

Tony groaned. "Lyra, you're killing me. Remember the moment? Enjoy the moment."

Lyra stepped into the elevator to go back to their penthouse area. "Then get in here and I will."

Tony flew around his skyscraper until he landed on the balcony of the penthouse. Jarvis began the process of taking off his Iron Man suit through a hi-tech gauntlet of gadgets until Jarvis spoke.

"Sir, Agent Coulson of S.H.I.E.L.D. is on the line."

"I'm not in. I'm actually out," Tony said, "so is Lyra. Don't tell her he's calling."

"Sir, I'm afraid he's insisting," Jarvis said.

Tony laughed as he walked out of the room to the living room where Pepper was sitting with a computer analyzing something. "Grow a spine, Jarvis. I got a date."

Pepper nodded at him when he made it in. "Levels are holding steady—I think."

Lyra walked out of the elevator when it reached the floor. She grinned at Tony as she fell into his embrace. He held her tightly to his chest.

"Of course they are, I was directly involved. Which brings me to my next question: how does it feel to be a genius?"

Lyra snorted. "Well, I really wouldn't know now, would I?"

"What do you mean? All this came from you."

Lyra shook her head. "No. All this came from that," she said as she pointing back to the energy in his chest.

"Give yourself some credit, please. Stark Tower is your baby. Give yourself... twelve percent of the credit," Tony offered.

Pepper glanced at the pair incredulously. "Twelve percent?"

Tony shrugged her way. "An argument can be made for fifteen."

Lyra turned to face Tony. "Twelve percent? For my baby?"

"Well, I did do all the heavy lifting. Literally, I lifted the heavy things. And sorry, but the security snafu? That was on you," Tony said.

Pepper laughed as she stood to walk toward the bedrooms. "Oh, I'll take twelve percent of that," she hummed, "I'm going to bed. Don't forget I'll be in D.C. all day tomorrow! Champagne is on the bar."

"Thanks, Pep!" Tony called as she went out of view. He eyed the woman he loved in his arms. "I'm going to pay for that comment about percentages in some subtle way later, aren't I?"

Lyra walked to the champagne and poured two glasses for the pair.

"Not gonna be that subtle," Lyra replied, handing it to him as they sat down.

"I'll tell you what. Next building's gonna say 'Redfield' on the tower."

"On the lease."

Tony was about to reply when Jarvis crackled. "Sir, the telephone. I'm afraid my protocols are being overwritten."

"Stark, we need to talk," Coulson's voice went through his phone. "Where is Redfield?"

Tony sighed as he picked up his phone. "You have reached the life model decoy of Tony Stark, please leave a message."

"This is urgent."

"Then leave it urgently." The elevator opened as Coulson walked in with a file and a scowl. "Security breach," Jarvis said. Tony looked at Lyra. "That's on you."

"Is it?" Lyra asked with wide eyes. "I didn't even know he was trying to reach me."

"Mr. Stark, Miss Redfield," Coulson greeted.

"Phil! Come in," Lyra said with a smirk, knowing he hated being called that.

Tony stood, eyeing the pair. "Phil? Uh, his first name is Agent."

"Come on in, we're celebrating," Lyra said, wiggling her brows.

"I can't stay."

"Which is why he can't stay," Tony amended.

"We need you to look this over," he said as he held the file out to Tony. "Soon as possible."

"I don't like being handed things," Tony said, looking at Lyra.

"That's alright, 'cause I love to be handed things. So, let's trade," she said as she took the file from Coulson and handed him her glass. She then turned to Tony and took his glass as she handed him the file. "Thank you," she sang.

"Official consulting hours are between eight and five every other Thursday," Tony tried to get out of it.

"This isn't a consultation."

Lyra eyed him warily. "Is this about The Avengers?"

"The Avengers Initiative was scrapped, I thought. And I didn't even qualify."

"I knew that," she said.

"Yeah, apparently I'm volatile, self-obsessed, don't play well with others."

"That I knew, too."

Coulson grinned at the woman even though he tried to hide it. He could tell she was in her element around Tony Stark, for he had never seen her this bubbly at work. "This isn't about personality profiles anymore," Coulson said seriously.

Tony held up a finger to Coulson. "Whatever. Lyra, got a minute?" Lyra watched him place the files on the desk. "You know, I thought we were having a moment."

"I was having twelve percent of a moment," Lyra said with a grin when he rolled his eyes. "This seems serious, Phil's pretty shaken. Let's take a look."

"How did you notice? Why is he Phil now?" Tony whined.

"What is all of this?" she asked as she expanded her arms to open the profiles in a holographic form.

"This is, uh...This?"

On the screen appeared video footage of Captain America, the Hulk, and Thor fighting different monsters and villains. Suddenly, there was a change as a man named Loki with a Tesseract came on screen.

"I'll have to go with him tonight," Lyra said with a sigh.

"Tomorrow," Tony pleaded.

"You've got homework. You've got a lot of homework. I already know most of this," she said softly.

Tony rose a brow. "Well, what if I didn't?"

"If you didn't?"

"Yeah."

"You mean if you finished?" Lyra asked. Tony nodded his head with bright eyes. "Well, um—then..." Lyra leaned forward to whisper in Tony's ear which caused Tony to gasp and Coulson to look away with a blush.

"Square deal. It's a date," Tony said quickly.

Lyra kissed him softly, and she knew Tony did not want her to go.

"Work hard. I'll see you soon," she said with a wink as she turned to walk off with Coulson.

Tony turned from watching Lyra walk away—he loved when she walked—and grabbed the Tesseract hologram to hold it. He sighed worriedly as the elevator closed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

516K 17.9K 76
Marlene. No last name. No backstory. Nothing. She falls from the sky, landing straight into the lives of the Avengers. Now, she finally has a purpose...
383K 13.9K 40
Cassidy Martin didn't ask for any of this, and she doesn't want it. Her powers came to her by an accident, a fluke, and now they're threatening to r...
4.2K 247 17
𝐁𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌𝐒 *SLOW UPDATES* ❝In which a little girl is cursed by the people she once trusted, and is forced to save the world. All...
19.5K 468 11
It's been just over a year since the events in Sokovia. Freya and Steve are now happily married and lead their own team of Avengers together. But, an...