124: the end

Nick's POV
_______________________________

Ethan just barely got behind the boulder, but he was knocked to the ground due to the fire outbreak.

"Ethan!" Hayden yelled and ran out of the car to get him, followed by Damian.

After they got him back to the car, Hayden started driving.

I looked behind us to the Xander following us with their car. I made a mental note to check on them.

"Nick?" Elena called out.

"Hm?"

"Is everyone okay?"

Typical. She is barely conscious and is still worrying about us.

"Everyone is fine, Ethan is right next to you.

I kept her head on my shoulder all this time so she couldn't see anyone else.

When she heard Ethan's name, she turned her head and made eye contact.

I could see the relief in Ethan's eyes when she looked at him.

Tho she wasn't in the best shape, he was glad she was okay.

Her neck was probably stiff, as she winced when she turned her head.

Elena was about to open her mouth, but I had to cut her off.

"You'll talk to him later, darling". I gently turned her head back and she leaned it on my shoulder.

_______________________________

Time skip: two weeks later
Third person's POV
_______________________________

"Elena come downstairs! Your cousins are here!" Elena heard her mother call, and she sprinted downstairs.

Two weeks of bed rest, and lots of family time, Elena was perfectly fine.

Well...she was still working on dealing with trauma, but her brothers are always there to comfort her after a nightmare.

Once downstairs she was met with five familiar faces.

After each of her cousins got a hug, they made their way outside to the back yard.

Her father was at the grill and her mother was setting up the table.

"Elena!" Small pair of arms wrapped around her legs.

"Hey, Keith." She picked the little boy up.

"Missed you." His little hands wrapped around her neck.

"I missed you too." She chuckled at his cute behavior and carried him to the table.

She sat down and placed Keith next to her.

"Lunch is ready!" Her father announced as he brought a big platter of burgers to the table.

Everyone took their seat and started talking and eating.

"Miranda your dress is gorgeous." Elena complimented a red-haired girl who was wearing a white, flowy, dress with sunflowers.

That red-head was Xander's mate. They met a week ago.

"Thank you."

So...everything is back to normal. No more crazy rituals, no more kidnapping, and most importantly...no more Chris.

They lived happily ever after.

Or...did they?

The end.
_______________________________

A big thank you to everyone who read this far! Thank you all so so much for the support on this book! I will go back and edit it all, so look out of that!

My next book is coming out in the upcoming week, I will post on my message board about the exact date!

Once again thank you, everyone! Happy reading!