123: Fire

Third person's POV
_________________________________

Their father was fighting his own brother in the kitchen of that cabin.

William's kids wanted nothing more than to go out and help their father, but they knew better. If he said to stay in the car, they're staying in the car.

Their mother, however left the car, just to check on her nephews.

"She okay?" Ethan asked as he climbed into the last row with Nick and Elena.

"No, but she will be. She's freezing, I don't see any major injuries but the wound on her forehead seems semi deep. " Nick replied.

Ethan glanced at his twin sister for a moment before adverting his gaze. He could see her like that.

"Look at me, Ethan." Nick said. "Shes gonna be fine, okay? "

"Mhm."

Ethan went to his previous spot in between leo and liam, and Liam daped his arm over the youngest brother's shoulder.

Nick looked at the wound on Elena's head and brushed her hair from it.

His touch seemed to do something to her as her arms tightened around his neck. As if she was scared of being taken away again.

"You're okay, you're safe." He placed his chin on top of her head and started rubbing her back, trying to keep her warm, and to give her some comfort.

_________________________________

Soon, William ran out of the house, a flame of fire visible behind him.

"Dad what happened?!" Hayden asked when he ran into the car.

"Drive, Hayden!" He was just about to start the car when -

"Wait!" Ethan got an idea.

"What now, we don't have time!" Hayden shouted.

"You guys go! Don't look back!" Ethan said, running back towards the house.

"But-"

"Go!"

He shifted and slammed his paws at the nearest three. It fell down on the house, blocking the door.

He started running back as fast as he could, but the others were too far. Instead he ducked behind a boulder.

Then.

The cabin bursted into flames, not a peace of wood survived.

And Chris? He was inside.