Ch 98:The final decision

Third person's POV

"Well, considering all that we've heard today,the new guardian of Keith Valentino is gonna be his older brother,Xander Valentino.It is decided that Chris Valentino is not capable of taking care of a child."The judge said,and everyone's shoulders finaly relaxed.

"I object!Your honor they are lying!My client hasn't done such things."Chris's lawyer exclaimed.

"Silence.It is decided.My decision is final. Keith can go home with his new guardian."

It took ten minutes to thank the judge and excited the big room.

In the hallway Keith and his social worker joined the family.

"Sissy!"Keith's little arms soon wrapped around Elena's legs, hugging her.

She crouched down and swiftly picked him up, balancing him on her hip.

Not wanting to stay in the building any longer they headed outside into the parking lot.

Elena was still holding Keith in her arms,fast walking behind the rest of the boys.

She silently cursed their long legs as she half ran to catch up with them.

Suddenly,a rough hand rested on her shoulder, spinning her around.

Elena let out a srarteld yelp. Tightening her arms around Keith at the sight of her uncle.

It took less than five seconds untill Xander and Nick appeared behind her.

Xander took Keith from her arms,and Nick pulled her back by the back of her shirt,her back pressed against his chest with his arms securely holding her close.

"This is not over. We are just getting started. I couldn't get the little boy. But you,little girl" - Chris pointed a finger at Elena,who slightly cowered back into her brother. - "you better sleep with a knife under your pillow,and one eye open"

Chris threatened before retreating back to his car. Not giving them a chance to speak.

"Ok,come on. Im not about to stand here and wait for him to pull another stunt and try to hurt you again."Nick spoke, clearly pissed, before turning around and walking back to the cars, Elena's hand in his and Xander and Keith on their heels.

"Alright,let's move it"Xander announced and everyone parted in three cars.

At home

After arriving home the boys took Keith down to the basement to celebrate and play with him in the game room.

Nick, however,went straight up to his room, pissed.

He can't stand to see any of his siblings and cousins hurt,but his little sister is a whole other story.

*Knock knock*

Without waiting for an answer Elena walked inside.

Not saying a word she sat behind him on the bed and hugged his back.

He sighed and grabbed her hands, pulling her in front of him.

He cupped her face and she could see his eyes glossing over slightly.

"I am not letting you get hurt again,okay?"He looked her in the eyes.

"Mhm...-"

"I love you, munchkin,and I'll do everything I can to protect you."then a lingering kiss was placed on the crown of her head.