ch 67:New familly member

Elena POV

Alex was leading the way, while I and Keith trailed behind him.

"Are we close, I'm tired," I asked.

"We're close, don't worry" He assured me.

At the destination

"Damian!" I shouted as I sat Keith down. Damian was the first person I saw when I and Alex turned the corner.

"Where have you been?" He mumbled in my hair as I hugged him.

"It's a long story.." I sighed.

"Elena!" I heard Ethan shout and I was tackled to the ground.

"Hi," I said.

"You had us worried sick! Where have you been! You do not just disappear like that!" He scolded.

After everyone had said hi and hugged me, we sat down so I could introduce the boys to Keith. I had mind-linked them the situation so there won't be any questions from their side.

Keith was sitting in my lap and I was sitting on a wooden bench.

The boys had found a nice, almost abandoned park in the woods, so we are staying there.

"Who awe twey?(who are they)" Keith asked while resting his little head on my shoulder and playing with a strand of my hair.

"We are your new family" Xander answered for me.

"Weally?(really)" Keith asked.

"Mhm," Colton confirmed.

Keith was about to say something, but he was interrupted by a yawn.

"I think it's time for someone to sleep," Nick said, taking him from my arms.

"Go to sleep, little one" nick said, kissing my head, before walking over to a place were some of the boys will sleep.

They had managed to sneak into our old house and get some money, so they got sleeping bags.

I got in my sleeping bag and Ethan came over to me.

"Hey"

"Hey, Elena, I wanted to ask about Keith, how did you meet him?"Ethan asked me.

" Well..when I was brought to the shelter, a cage across from mine was Keith with his mother. On the first day, I was there, his mom was put down. So at night, Keith would squeeze through the bars of his cage and come to me.
When I was trying to escape he helped me unlock my cage so I had brought him with me, with I probably would have done either way."I said.

"Oh..poor kid. He lost his mom at such a young age." Ethan sighed.

"Are you alright?" I asked, remembering the fact that he was in a hospital a few days ago.

"Yea, I'm good" He smiled.
"Now go to sleep, you look tired"

And with that, I fell into much needed slumber.