ch 54:At the night

Third person's POV

That night Elena stayed in her brother's arms.At every little noise that was herd in the house she would jump up and look around to make sure it wasn't her uncle.

*door creaking open*

Elena once again jumped up and looked at the door.A shadow stood there, holding some kind of bag in its hand.

Elena screamed and shook Nick.

"Woah woah, what's wrong?"He shot up and rested his hands on her shoulders.

"T-the shadow"She cried and pointed at the door,but it was no longer there.

"There is nothing there Elena,you need to calm down, baby, you are scaring me. Everything's okay.. I'm here." He mumbled in her ear, pulling her to his chest.

Xander who was next to them told the rest of the boys to go back to sleep.
He then went to sleep himself.

"Lets go get you some water"Nick said and got out of bed,then picking Elena up, taking her with him.

She immediately hid her head in the crook of his neck.Her arms wrapped tightly around his neck.

Once in the kitchen he sat her on the counter and stood in front of her.His hands resting just above her knees, rubbing comforting circles.

"Elena look at me"Nick said,as Elena's eyes were glued to the ground.

"I know why you are scared and uncomfortable, but you need to trust me.He wont even get close to you. Especially when you are asleep.We are all in the room.We won't let anything happen to you,you are safe."Nick said, kissing his little sisters head.

Her eyes were getting glossy and he could see she was holding back her tears.

"Its okay to cry, Elena..."He said and then whipped a single tear that rolled down her cheek.

He then handed her a glass of water witch she gladly acepted.
And as she was drinking,a figure walked into the kitchen.

"Oh,why are you two up?" Chris said.

Nick immediately noticed Elena tensing and with his werewolf hearing he could hear her heart racing.

"Elena just needed some water. Why are you up?"Nick asked while taking Elena into his arms once again.

"Same as Elena.I usualy have a water on my night stand,but the glass that is usually there broke during the earthquake."Chris explained.

"Alright,well we should head to bed,Elena needs rest.Goodnight."Nick said making his way out of the kitchen.

"Night"Chris said before they walked upstairs.