Ch 5: School -

Elena POV
________________________________

The Sunday was spent in the living room, we were catching up on school work and Hayden and Nick went to work along with mom and dad.

None of us, despite school in the morning, went to bed before midnight.

~

I heard someone calling my name and feel someone shaking me,i just choose to ignore it.Untill someone started to tickle me!
I bursted out laughing.

"S-stop please!" I yelled between laughs.

The person stopped and I saw it was Diego.

"Get up kiddo,school is today" He said.

"No" I groaned.

"Go get ready and come for breakfast,ok?"

"Yeah yeah..." I mumbled and went into my bathroom.

After getting ready and packing my bag, I went downstairs to eat.

"Morning." I greeted as I entered the kitchen. "Where are mom and dad?"

"Already left, now eat up, we need to leave too." Hayden passed me a bowl of cereal and I listened to my brothers chat as I ate.

After breakfast we, except Nick, got in the car and drove to school.

We parked in front of the school in an open spot.

"Ok listen up, loosers!"Hayden grabbed our attention with his raised voice.

"Meet me in the back parking lot when your classes finish,if anyone is done early or late, text the others in the group chat, ok?" We all nodded.

"Good,now scram"

I chuckled and followed the guys inside.

Our lockers were next to eachother as they were sorted alphabetically.

We got our books,and I will made my way to history. I waved bye to my brothers and walked inside.I found an empty spot in the back.I took out my sketch book and started doodling.

Soon enough the class was done.

I went to my locker and found a note inside it:

You know that you're annoying them right? Leave the Valentino brothers alone.

I slammed my locker shut and walked to the bathroom, away from everyone, trying to figure out who wrote it.

My mind ran over the names of people who could have wrote the note, but none matched.

I dont know for how long I was in there, but after some time, I decided I need to go to class,or I'll be in trouble, the bell hasn't rung yet, so thats good, I left the bathroom and made my way to English. I walked inside and Ms.Jonson started lecturing me.

"Miss Valentino!Why are you late? Quite surprising from you, please make your way to the counselor. You know I don't tolerate students being late." When did the bell even ring?How did I not hear it?

I made sure I walked really slowly, but sadly i eventualy got to the office.
I knocked on the door and heard a 'come in'.

I slowly opend the door with my eyes glued to the ground.

"Elena?Why are you here?"

"I was late for class.."

"And why were you late?"He asked as I sat down. I stayed silent.

"Elena."He warned quietly.

I just kept my head down,finding my shoes insanely interesting at the moment.

"Elena"He raised his voice.

"Yes, dear brother of mine?"

"Why were you late"He asked again.

I didnt know how to respond, if I told him about the note he would ask to see it, he would raise drama, call our brothers and therefore spread rumors around the school.

I was already getting weird looks and whispers just by walking with them, I didn't need this.

"Sweets, are you crying?"He asked, his voice soft now.

I shook my head 'no', but a lone tear on my cheek proved me wrong.

"Oh, come here"He opend his arms.

"Now..What happend..."

I didnt say anything, just gave him the latter i found in my locker.

"I found it in my locker." I mumbled.

As he read it, I saw his eyes widden.

"You know this is not true, right?" He asked.

My mouth didn't open. What if I was bothering them.

"Elena, no. Don't even consider it. You know we love you. I'll deal with this,and I'll call Nick to pick you up, ok? I don't want you here if someone's picking on you."

I nodded and nuzzled my head in his shoulder. Ten minutes later there was a knock on the door.

"Come in" Said Hayden.

"Hey" Nick walked in. "What happened? Why'd you call me?"

He hasnt noticed me as I was sitting in the chair in the corrner.

Hayden motioned towards me and Nick turned around.

"Hey, what happend?"Nick asked.

"This."Hayden handed him the note.

Nick became tense as he glared at the peace of paper.

"Well that's just nonsense." He sighed, throwing the paper onto the table.

"Exactly, I called you to take her home."

"Alright, let's go lovely." He started walking toward the door, opening it for me.

"Bye Hayden" I called over my shoulder.

"See you later." He said back.

We walked to Nicks car and he drove home. We sat in silence but it was comfortable one.

"You wana go for swim, or watch a movie?"Nick asked me, while focusing on the road.

"The movie sounds good."

We arived home and sat down in movie room.He pulled out the remote and turned on the movie. I kept doozing off every two minutes.Nick was playing with my hair and rubbing circles on my back,witch made me fall asleep in matter of minutes.

________________________________