ch 68:Back home

Nick's POV

After two long and cold nights at the time park, our house is finally fixed. The workers left 30 minutes ago and everyone went upstairs to shower, leaving me and Hayden to cook something for lunch for everyone.

I open the pantry, seeing it is almost empty. There are some canned pasta sauce and some spaghetti. I guess that will have to work until we go grocery shopping.

Hayden and I prepared everything and waited for everyone to be done with their showers.

Elena POV

I took Keith with me upstairs so I can run him a bath. I know how to take care of a kid, thanks to my volunteering in kindergarten and babysitting for our neighbors.

"Let's go give you a bath," I said, tickling Keith's little tummy.

I sat him on the toilet and made sure the water was the right temperature.

I took Keith and placed him into his bath.

I brushed my hair while he played in the bathtub.

I grabbed a towel and helped Keith out of the bathtub. I wrapped him in a fluffy towel and sat him on the sink.

Thank God aunt Kira saved the boys' old clothes so I had something to put Keith in. After I had changed him I gave him my phone while I take a shower.

After I'm done, I dry my hair and put it in a side braid.

I walk out of the bathroom to find Keith still on my bed, his eyes glued to my phone.

"C'monn Keith, it's lunchtime," I said, holding my hand out to him.

"Owkay(okay)" his little voice answers and he jumps off of the bed and locks his little hand with mine.

We walk downstairs and join others in the dining room.