ch 94:"It's the law"

Third person's POV

Police sirens were herd.After Leo spoke to the 911 operator they said that police were on their way.

"Why can't you just leave us alone!?"Elena yelled, frustrated.She was still ill and Chris being here didn't make it easier.

The police soon arived,two officers took Chris and Marccus away.They said that everything will be cleared at the station.

"Sir, whose child is this?" A cop asked when he spotted Keith,who was now in Hayden's embrace.

"He's our half-brother." Xander answered.

"Where are his parents?" The officer questioned further.

"They... Died a while back." Xander said.

"My condolences. But do you have proper paperwork? If you weren't assigned as a caretaker by the parents, you're legally not allowed to have him with you. It's the law here." The officer said.

"We... We don't... But-" Xander said.

"I'm sorry sir, but we're going to have to take this child to an orphanage, in that case."
"What? No, no, no, you can't do that!" Mason protested.

"I'm sorry, sir, it's the law."

"To hell with the law, we're related to him!" Alex jumped.

"Everyone, let's calm down, don't do anything irrational." The police officer tried to settle the situation.

"You're trying to take our brother away!  Rationality went out the window when morals did!" Lucas said.

"That's a bit far-fetched. I'm trying to do my job, there's is a chance for you to legally become his guardians, but, right now, I have to take him away."