ch 60:Bitten

Elena's POV

"Elena, listen carefully. I want you to stay calm and step away from the snakes? Do you understand?" Nick said, watching Elena. She did what he asked, her eyes full of fear. When she was finally out of harm's way, they heard Chris yell
"No!" He said.
And then, in a flash, a snake was jumping at Elena, ready to sink its venomous fangs into her flesh.

The moment she saw it, she let out a horrific scream. She didn't have time to do anything else as she felt someone push her out of the way. A second later, Chris was running away and Ethan was bleeding on the floor.

As blood was gushing out of his wound, he was whimpering in pain. They quickly picked him up and rushed to the hospital, hoping the doctors could save him.

"Help!Please!" Nick pleaded as they arrived at the hospital.

"What happened?" A doctor asked them, alarmed.

"He got bitten by a snake!" Said Mason hurriedly.

"Put him on this bed, we'll see what we can do." Said the doctor, calling some other people over.
They all say down, nervous as ever.

"It's all my fault!" Cried Elena "if I wasn't stupid enough to go around that bush-"

"It's not your fault, it's Chris's. Ethan tried to save your neck, he knew what could've happened and took the risk." Liam said.

"Yeah, but what if they don't- they don't manage t-to s-save him?" Asked Elena in tears.

"They will don't worry." Said Nick as he put an arm around her, but he wasn't so sure.

"Shhh," Nick said, rubbing her back as she continued to cry and whimper into his shirt.
"He's gonna be fine" He murmured in her hair, as he kissed her head.