ch 65:Escaping

Third-person POV

A few days passed... Nobody came for Elena, though some families considered taking her. Nobody wanted her though.

"That's good, that's good... The boys will find me." She thought.

The puppy she met on her first night was still in the shelter. His mom didn't come back, though. He came to Elena every night, seeking company.

One night, she was about to fall asleep after the puppy left, but she heard the guards talking.

"The new one? Yeah, she's going, we can't keep her here. She's not a dog y'know. We just found out. She didn't seem normal to us, so we did a test on her... Turns out, she's a wolf. We're putting her out tomorrow night, poor thing."

They were talking about her, she just knew it. She had to escape.

She waited until everything was quiet. She started to fumble around the lock with her paws, but that didn't work. Then, as if on cue, the puppy woke up. He looked at her and she looked back, as though begging him to understand what he needs to do. He quietly walked to her cage and she twitched her head towards the lock. He was struggling with it for a solid minute and then he finally did it! She was free! Elena grabbed the puppy by the scruff of his neck, gently, and ran out of the building through the doors that men had left open.

~

Elena's POV

After I had managed to get out of the building, I started running down the block, while still holding the husky pup.

After I had ran for a good 20 minutes I finally slowed down. I was now just walking to the spot where me and my brothers and cousins were sleeping.

I hope they are still there...